Buyer Beware!

2»

Comments

• Nevada HudsonNevada Hudson Posts: 1,222Senior Contributor
    Huddy42 said:
    You can even get conned by well known Hudson guys, I found this out as well after sending parts and expecting payment later, he is the loser  will never get anymore parts from me as long as I live, even if he is desperate.

Have you issued a complaint to the HET?
  • RocketRocket Posts: 476Senior Contributor
    I think part of the problem is when a person is trying to find realy hard to come by parts they tend to let there gaurd down and forget how hard it is to get these parts and they fall for a bunch of BS that some one has the parts they need then the trap is set by the seller. As for myself I have been looking for some very rare parts for my 36 Terraplane and one thing I was told by many club members I would never find them in the US and they were right the bright side is I did find the parts I needed in Sweden the seller wanted half down and the rest when they were ready to ship. I could tell by his emails he was telling the truth so I used paypal to pay him in full right away and two weeks he  not only sent me pictures of the parts he also sent me a video of all the parts in a brand new wood box that he had build himself and I was told by my shipper that the parts will be here in a few weeks and this person is not even a club member. There are good people out ther and that also goes for the other club members over seas who have sold me parts in the past you guys are great and that also goes for the guys in the USA.
  • PaulButlerPaulButler Posts: 924Administrator
    Huddy42 said:
    You can even get conned by well known Hudson guys, I found this out as well after sending parts and expecting payment later, he is the loser  will never get anymore parts from me as long as I live, even if he is desperate.

As a club we can't really get involved because it's a private transaction. It is not good when people pull stunts like this and I appreciate the frustration.

This is the advice that Aaron Cooper posted a while back:

"Normally we leave it to the two parties to work out.  We will remove comments that are disparaging or accusatory because this is about the hobby not place for hosting a "he said/he said"  discussion.  Also none of us have time to pretend to be referees in an online forum.  Has the party in question offered to return your money in exchange for the parts returned?  Usually that is how it is handled.  If you suspect they may not give back your money you could always use an escrow service if worth it.  Hope this helps.
    "
  • lostmindlostmind Posts: 1,414Expert Adviser
    I sell on many forums. I know a lot of sellers. My opinion is there are more scam/ dishonest buyers then sellers. You need to be honest to keep selling, you don't need to to keep buying , there are other sellers.
    I prefer a good nights sleep to a few extra dollars.
  • Huddy42Huddy42 Posts: 1,225Senior Contributor
    edited July 24
    Huddy42 said:

No I have not issued a complaint, as it is my pleasure to never sell him any more parts, he now has to go overseas to purchase, so that is my satisfaction, this in actual fact costs him more now as he has to pay for freight from overseas. I just love sitting here watching him asking for parts which I have here on my shelf.