Need measurement please..

I have a '49 Hudson 4door Super Six, I need an accurate measurement from someone with a similar car of the distance from the back edge of the radiator support directly back to the firewall.
I have included photos indicating with a white X, the points of measurement needed.
Thank you in advance for any help.

Comments

• Nobody? Very important to the progress of this project, would really appreciate any help.
    Thanks
  • I'd send you one, but I'm nearly certain my 7C dimensions differ from yours.
  • superwasp said:
    I'd send you one, but I'm nearly certain my 7C dimensions differ from yours.
    Thank you, I appreciate the offer, but you're right, it's important to be from the exact model....'49 Super Six
  • I have a 49 Commodore 8 that I can measure and also a 50 Super 6 that I check against in a while. 
  • I measured 38” on the 50 Super 6, I’ll measure the other cars later. They’re in another building 
  • That's interesting. I came up with 38 1/8th on my 53 7C. I really thought the Super 6 would have a shorter engine bay...
  • Nah, all long wheel base cars should be the same, only thing that might be different is if the 8 cyl cars had the core support moved forward a lil bit. 
  • Ya learn something everyday.
  • I measured 10 of the cars here that still had core supports in them and they all were 38” +\- 1/4”. Sixes and eights, all long wheelbase. The Wasp measured 32”. 
  • What’s interesting to note is the two knockouts on the firewall above the Ranco valve. All 13 cars here have two knockouts except for all of the 51 Hornets have one knockout. I have 51 Super 6, and two 51 Commodores, a 6 and an 8 and they have two knockouts. My 52 Hornet has two knockouts. Never noticed any of this until today. 
  • Weird. I wonder why they would have fewer knockouts.
  • Airbrush, I’d like to see that Caddy mill in the Hudson frame, I’d like to do that swap on one of my cars. 
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    edited December 2020
    The radiator support is in the same place in the big stepdowns.  The radiator itself moves 2 inches forward or back depending on the 6 or 8 cylinder which are 2 inches different in the length.  The radiator bracket is L-shaped with a 1-inch offset.  Rotating it forward or back will move the radiator 2 inches.  There is a 2-inch piece of sheet metal in front of the radiator if it's in the rear position.  Removed if forward for an 8.  The Pacemakers and the Wasps are about 5 inches shorter in front of the cowl so that dimension should be roughly that much shorter.
  • Airbrush, I’d like to see that Caddy mill in the Hudson frame, I’d like to do that swap on one of my cars. 
    Not the easiest swap I've ever done, in fact possibly the most problematic....but almost there.
    Thank you everyone for your helpful responses
  • that looks sweet buddy, you’ll love that power