Hub puller for sale

50C8DAN
50C8DAN Senior Contributor
Does anyone need a nice used hub puller?  I have two and only need one.  $40 plus shipping.

Comments

• drivergo2
    drivergo2 Expert Adviser
    I will take it dan . John drivergo2 
  • 50C8DAN
    OK send me your address and I will find the shipping cost.
  • drivergo2
    drivergo2 Expert Adviser
    Sent you a pm , Did you receive it ? Thanks John 
  • 50C8DAN
    Got it
  • Ha ha. The shipping cost will be as much as the sales price. That is a lot of iron.

Interesting story. I needed to buy one back in the late '80's. I found a company in Maine that had then. I realized I was going there on business in a couple of weeks. So, me and the guy who was with me made a side trip to this tool place. I bought one and put it in my carry on luggage. So I had 15 pounds of luggage and clothes and 40 pounds of brake drum puller tool. Even way back in the '80's it got me a extra inspection from the TSA of the times. Looking back, I'm surprised they let me on with it. Each one of those parts could be used as a weapon to bash someone's head in.
  • 50C8DAN
    That was pre-911.  Yes it would be considered a weapon today most likely.
  • 50C8DAN
    Back in the early 90s I had some special die castings still having flash and runners on it.  I got stopped in Boston inspection with them and missed my flight as the inspectors did not know what they were.  Got on the next flight, but was pretty silly as they were only pieces of aluminum, but today who knows if I could have boarded with them.
  • lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    It should fit a small flat rate box, $8.30
    If the round piece can be removed from the screw. I've shipped them like that before.
    If not , a medium flat rate box is $15.05
  • 50C8DAN
    edited April 2020
    Let me just put this in perspective.  I do ship USPS priority when possible, flat rate is great.  However, I shipped one of these a couple of years ago and they busted up the box and lost one of the legs.  I also shipped a 308 head a few years ago, parcel post and it never showed up and was lost forever, unless the mailman had a Hornet that needed a head.  I try to use FedEx Home delivery for larger and heavier stuff, and have so far gone about 100% for everything.  I just think the postoffice treats things pretty rough.
  • lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    I have nothing to prove , but I have shipped several of that style in a small flat rate box. 
    Maybe a different size, but it all fit very tight, nothing moves.
    Just trying to help out , but I guess I'm cheap and lazy and just plain dump , thank you very much.

• 40indianssgmailcom
    40indianssgmailcom Senior Contributor
    As ken u-Tx said it really is the care one takes in the packaging and the padding of the items