MECHANICAL PARTS FOR HUDSON SUN SEDAN 1930

Hi guys, i need some mechanical parts for my Hudson 1930 Sun sedan, like brake sistem complete, generator, marvel carburetor, steering steel, timming chain, light switch, and others...
Please contact me if you have any parts for my Hudson sun sedan

Tks  

Comments

• Spencer Yarrow
    Spencer Yarrow Expert Adviser
    Where are you located?
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited March 2019
    Sun sedan is rare!  Sounds like you already have the most difficult parts: the body parts.  The parts which you need will take a while, but at least are "out there".

You've probably already tried this but if not, I'd suggest going through the Club roster and finding others with 1930 Hudsons, and then sending them a list of parts you need.   Possibly some of them have spare parts they'd sell, or a parts car from which these parts can be salvaged.  Or they might know of a source for some of the parts.  They may even know of parts interchanges with more popular makes of that era, and you can buy the parts from a company that reproduces them.  Of course, you'll want to contact Hudson vendors who advertise in the WTN, too. 

Whenever sending appeals for parts be sure to send any photos or sketches of the parts, since someone might have the part but not realize it's from a '30 Hudson. 
  • Hi Jon

Tks for your help, i will try to find the parts to 30 Hudsons!

two years ago , i restored e Hudson 30 roadster!

i'm located in Brazil, but my brother lives in Miami.

• Where are you located?

Hi Spencer

i'm in Brazil, but mi brother lives in Miami!

i'm fiding parts for 30 Hudsons, do you help me ou know any shop ou person who have this parts?

tks

• Jon B said:
    Sun sedan is rare!  Sounds like you have the hardest parts to find: the body parts.  The components you have listed, will take a while but at least are "out there".

You've probably already tried this but if not, I'd suggest going through the Club roster and finding others with 1930 Hudsons, and then sending them a list of parts you need.   Possibly some of them have spare parts they'd sell, or a parts car from which these parts can be salvaged.  Or they might know of a source for some of the parts.  They may even know of parts interchanges with more popular makes of that era, and you can buy the parts from a company that reproduces them.  Of course, you'll want to contact Hudson vendors who advertise in the WTN, too. 

Whenever sending appeals for parts be sure to send any photos or sketches of the parts, since someone might have the part but not realize it's from a '30 Hudson. 

Hi Jon

I searched the internet for photos and specs of the Hudson 30 sun sedan, and found nothing!

Would you let me know some website or something like that I can see a Hudson sun sedan restored?

thank you

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited March 2019

This actually looks like a Hudson Eight version of the Sun Sedan.  I am assuming that both Hudson and Essex used the same Sun Sedan body.

• Hans
    Hans Senior Contributor
    The last picture is a 1928 
  • Spencer Yarrow
    Spencer Yarrow Expert Adviser
    Here is a couple of photos of 30 Hudson Sun Sedan in Australia. I have supplied some parts for it's resto I don't know if the resto has been started yet as he was finishing another car first.
  • Jon B said:

This actually looks like a Hudson Eight version of the Sun Sedan.  I am assuming that both Hudson and Essex used the same Sun Sedan body.

"Las Heras, territory of Santa Cruz, Argentina, is the town whose population now knows the “Made in Detroit, U.S.A.” for it has studied the Essex in every detail since it dramatic arrival. Delivered to an aggressive new dealer in Las Heras, the Essex was shipped aboard a freighter which swung it overboard to a lighter off the coast of the Argentine nearest to Las Heras. The lighter found it difficult to effect a landing on the stony beach. Once landed, the car was pulled up the steep beach by inches. Thereafter, 20 men towed it over a rocky trail where no car had ever appeared before,  and ultimately it was delivered to the new dealer who turned it over to the owner. The dealer believes that many more sales will be forthcoming from this newly opened territory – many, that is, for Las Heras, the latest town to become familiar with 'Made in Detroit, U.S.A.' "

Tks Jon!

I have a Hudson Book, na in it have only one Picture for Hudson Sun Sedam 30

The name of the book is, The cars that Hudson Built , by John A. Conde

I have any doubts about details in the Sun sedan, and is very difficult to find fotos na information about that.

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    (Fourth photo was deleted, as being wrong year)
  • Jon B said:
    (Fourth photo was deleted, as being wrong year)OK

• THIS IS MY SUN SEDAN 30, But today,she is all desarmed and in restoration progress.
  • SUN SEDAN 30
  • MY ROADSTER 30
  • ENGINE 
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Beautiful restoration of the 1930 Hudson roadster.  Did you do the work yourself, or was it given to a restoration shop?
  • Jon B said:
    Beautiful restoration of the 1930 Hudson roadster.  Did you do the work yourself, or was it given to a restoration shop? I have a restoration shop!!!

• VicTor Z
    VicTor Z Senior Contributor
    Looks like the broken part that attaches to lower windshield frame is shown on photo dated March 26!

• ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    What's an RHD doing in the US or is this a pic of someone else's car?
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    ESSX28-1 said:
    What's an RHD doing in the US or is this a pic of someone else's car?
    See the pictures at the beginning of the thread. This is a car that is ,as I understand it, based in Brazil which may explain the RHD configuration