AMC Pacers

Unknown
edited November -1 in American Motors
Group:

I am looking for nice, really clean, in either original, or restored to original configuration, AMC Pacers to photograph for an up-coming magazine article about them.

Also, there is a really nice looking '81 AMC Spirit on Ebay this morning

Bob (Carpics) Nicholson

Comments

• Bill Albright has a nice 76 model for sale, I think he still has it. 909-823-9168
  • Bob

I do not know where you are located - but I have one of the nicest 76 Yellow coupes in the country. Complete with factory alloy wheels and roof rack. Call me a 575-887-7422 or e-mail me a waltfredco@mywdo.com

Fred
  • 37 CTS
    37 CTS Senior Contributor
    pacerexterior.jpg

If interested here is my Pacer X , Sheldon at SRody53@aol.com

new paint, top, nice car.

all orginal no modifications
  • last time I was in Idaho Falls there was a guy there that had either three or four pacers, a couple of coups and station wagons, I'm pretty sure he said he'll sell the whole lot for $500.00
  • wow never see one of those..
  • "The wide small car" (ad slogan from the time they were new) 
  • charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    The car was going to be used for the mars exploration team but it was to wide to fit on the rocket 
  • Whew!  Only looking for pictures, fine. I thought for a split second that someone actually wanted the car.
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Kind of like the Cousin It of Hudson lineage 
  • I test drove one in the early eighties, didnt take long to find a place to do a U turn.
  • I actually saw one of these on the road about a year ago. It looked like a junkyard cat on life #9, but it was someone's daily driver.
  • 7XPacemaker
    7XPacemaker Senior Contributor
    Ugly car- handle like a sports car, went like a tank in the snow and had phenomenal steering.Nothing interchanged with their other cars. I have no idea what they were thinking when they made the Pacer to compete with their other cars.
  • BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    I can’t imagine putting the Pacer as a design achievement on your resume!
  • Maybe the Gremlin?
  • Val
    Val Member
    edited December 2020
    supercub said:
    Maybe the Gremlin?
    A friend of mine had a Gremlin X and it was a pretty fun car for kids in High school. But a Pacer, never knew anyone that had one. A friends mom had an AMC Hornet
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    The Gremlin X with AMC 304 V8 wow
  • V8 powered golf cart with a heater.
  • 35 Terraplane
    35 Terraplane Senior Contributor
    I car pooled with a guy who had one for a few years.  As I remember, it was a comfortable car to ride in.
  • In case you all were getting nostalgic for a Gremlin, here's a really clean one for sale. It'll be interesting to see what it goes for.
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1978-amc-gremlin/?utm_source=dm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020-12-29
  • jjbubaboy
    jjbubaboy Senior Contributor
    COOL!
    Looks like it finished at $13K!
  • Clean, low mile cars command a good price on BAT.
  • BigSky
    But a Gremlin..... that’s just pissing away money!
  • 7XPacemaker
    7XPacemaker Senior Contributor
    edited December 2020
    That’s what we all do, no matter the manufacturer!  :D It’s still worth more than my 112..
  • BigSky
    I’d take your Pimped out 112 over the Gremlin any day!  ?
  • My father was a sales rep and was on the road a lot.  His favorite car to travel in was the Pacer station wagon.  He liked the ride and the big comfortable seats.   My wife and I had one also.  It was her work car and our family car.  Loved the seats and you could always find it in the parking lot.
This discussion has been closed.