Need your guys help!!!

I know I have a 1941 Hudson but not for sure what model it is. Was told it was a coupe but its not looking like it. It is all there and waiting to run again. I know the fuel pump it out so I will be needing somewhere to get a kit. Just got the car last week so I have allot of needs, LOL

Comments

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Body style is a 2DR Touring Sedan, which is what Hudson called them at the time.  Coupe had a shorter roof line in the back (and smaller rear side window).  
  • I was thinking it was a 1941 Hudson six deluxe 2 door coach. The back windows roll down and it does have a bigger back window.
  • Here is the vin tag and all the molding is in the truck
  • OK then what is the PL ??
  • All,

I don't know how many of you have seen 10P cars with the "L" engine before but this is only the second one in my experience.

Frank

• BTW, If that car has been sitting dormant for some time (as it appears to have been) You'd be wise to drop the pan and clean it thoroughly before attempting to start it. They are notorious for great accumulation of sludge that can cause very expensive issues.

Frank

• Doc,

The way I take it, the 212 engine wasn't designated "L" unless it was the optional 212 in those vehicles that came with the 175 as the standard powerplant.

Rick will find out quickly that there are many things to learn about the "splashers". The upper dipper tray versus the lower reservoir is just one of them. If one buys a pan gasket set, the O-ring is part of the deal.     I recommend that he get his mitts on an MPM for that car before he goes anywhere!

Not to be picky, (me?) but the 254 eight was discontinued after '52.

F

• Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    edited November 2015
    I second Franks advice on pulling the oil pan and dipper tray. Clean out the sludge, fill the dipper tray
    with oil before re-installing. Very important on a "splasher".
    Nice Hudson, I like the cleaner grill vs the 46-47.
  • Yes I have pictures of the motor and I'm looking for the paint code. I see on the had it says Power Dome and there is a tag with H287 on it.
  • I didn't find a 1 or a 2 it looks like a S to me..
  • Hudsonrules
    Hudsonrules Senior Contributor

A few years ago, I sold a '41 Hudson Traveler delux. tt was the same as pictured. It had the optional 212 engine, radio, heater and overdrive. At the time, I had no idea how rare the car was. The gentlman who bought it said he had looked for several years to find the exact same car.  Now I wish I had kept it. However, I know it went to a good home. Iteresting to learn about the cars we have.

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Rick-

What a great find and looks to be in great shape!

Frank-
    That's disgusting . . . the sludge, not your finger.  
  • Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    Amazing you found one so complete and rare. The sludge was so thick on the 47 I bought I had to use a putty knife to scrap it out. Also, make sure the rod scuppers are clean and not clogged with sludge.
    Lee O'Dell
  • RL,

That shot was taken about a year ago and my finger is still black. Legend has it that some Native American Tribes used it as war-paint up until the advent of PCV systems and modern oils......don't know for sure if it's true.

F

• Lee, I got it and 2 other cars as payment on back rent that was owed to me for the south side of my building.. Now it's going to be my bigger welding shop. LOL
This discussion has been closed.