Looking for info on AMC SC Rambler

Unknown
edited November -1 in American Motors
Hey guys.

Looking for my father-in-laws old SC Rambler.

He said it was a 69 1/2 number 501.

He has nothing with the VIN number but he was the originall owner on title.He purchased it from An AMC dealer he worked for in Syracuse,IN.

It would have been titled to Richard Plikerd.

Wasn't sure if anybody could help me but maybe someone could at least give me some avenues to search down.

Thank You

coyfam3@yahoo.com

Comments

• Without a VIN, it's going to be impossible to do a title search. With a VIN, you can start with the last known registration location and work from there. Otherwise, who knows?

You might try the AMC Club. Get on their forum and find out from current SC/Rambler owners if they know where their cars came from. That's going to be the only way to find your Dad's car with any luck at all.
  • Yeah,

I know it's gonna be a pain.

Thanks for your idea.

I am in touch with the AMC survivor list and he's checkin on it.

I guess I'm just hoping with so few made,I cand find somebody connected with the car.
  • coyfam3 wrote:
    Hey guys.

Looking for my father-in-laws old SC Rambler.

He said it was a 69 1/2 number 501.

He has nothing with the VIN number but he was the originall owner on title.He purchased it from An AMC dealer he worked for in Syracuse,IN.

It would have been titled to Richard Plikerd.

Wasn't sure if anybody could help me but maybe someone could at least give me some avenues to search down.

Thank You

coyfam3@yahoo.com

Hi,

Your best bet of finding the SC/Rambler is through the 1512 Hurst SC/Rambler Registry at www.amazingmusclecars.com . Contact Joie or myself with any info you have about the car and we will post it and see if it can be found. We have located a SC/Rambler this way before. The registry has much info and a ton of photos of SC/Ramblers in all kind of conditions.

See page for my SC at,

http://www.amazingmusclecars.com/1512registry/memberspages/mattwilson.php

See some of my cool SC/Rambler videos at,

http://www.youtube.com/matt69scrambler

Thanks,

Matt Wilson
  • Hey,Thanx Matt.

I have been in touch Joie and he's going to do some research on it.

He said he's pretty backlogged,so I figured I would look around for myself untill then.

Thanx again Matt
  • I have my fathers 68 Rambler Rogue. I wish you luck in your hunt.
This discussion has been closed.