Still a Oil Leaker!

Okay here we go again, a few weeks ago i asked about the gasket under the distributor on my 1950 262 engine and had 85 people look but failed to leave any questions or answers and im really perplexed on what in the devil is going on, I put another new cork gasket in the block and re-installed the distributor and ran down the road a few miles, came back and there was a thin line of oil running down the block? Has anybody had this problem? What do other people have underneath there dist.? Would anybody advise a o-ring? Im struggling to come up with something to fix the problem and any help would be appreciated in advance from the all you hadnuts! Thank You!

Comments

• lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    I used o rings. Two, one on top the other. Had an assortment , and found some that fit 
    the distributor. took two to get the right thickness.
    it's possible the distributor has a casting hole, but unlikely.
    You can take your cork gasket and distributor to a hardware or parts store and find something that will work.
  • eddiehudson
    eddiehudson Senior Contributor, Member
    Jack Clifford recommended used 2 O-Rings, just as lostmind does.
  • I Have used ultra grey, in difficult to seal situations, to coat the o-ring or gasket and then let it sit for a few hours or overnight with great success. I’ve done this with side covers and road draft tube gaskets 
  • Thank You All! double stacked 2 o-rings and went driving, problem solved, first time i have ran into this. Thanks Again!
  • lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
     :):)  
  • This is just a suggestion. The distributor gasket from a GM inline 6 cylinder HEI is a perfect fit for a Hudson six cylinder engine. I know this for a fact because I have an GM inline 6 cylinder modified HEI iny engine
    Wookie