Help needed on a Twin H setup

I have a 308 backed up with a GM 2004r trans. I am using a gm gas pedal setup. I'm looking for ideas from anyone who may have setup the gm pedal with accelerator cable and the kickdown cable from the 2004r or 700r4 or similar. I previously had  a 2bl setup and attachung both cables was fairly easy. With the dual carbs it's a bit different. Any help including pics would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    Hello, I have a GM 200R hooked to a Twin H on my '37 Hudson. I fabricated a short bracket to the rear throttle lever to ensure the cable geometry was out max at full throttle. Adjustment is critical so not destroy the Tranny. I had cable all out with linkage floored. I also adjusted with shift points specs at specific MPH but I need to look at it again to advise further. I think the Spes/Shift pts Instruction is in my car. I will look Sat.

• Ol racer
    Not sure if got my earlier message I should have everything your asking with pic that I will send later this evening
  • Ol racer said:
    Not sure if got my earlier message I should have everything your asking with pic that I will send later this evening
    Ok, thanks I responded with a PM as I was having trouble here.
  • Ol racer
    Could you resend your email because my message came back. Thanks

• Ol racer said:
    Could you resend your email because my message came back. Thanks

Sure it's: natcailm@juno.com
  • Ol racer
    My AOL changed its Format this wk for some unknown reason and unsure how to send attachment to enlarge so sending here. The picture sent in email is from RF looking toward rear motor. I have too many accessories to get a better picture. P/Brake Booster, A/C Hoses and more. Chuck
  • Chuck, Thanks for this and the email.  Brad
  • Bitburger said:
    I have a 308 backed up with a GM 2004r trans. I am using a gm gas pedal setup. I'm looking for ideas from anyone who may have setup the gm pedal with accelerator cable and the kickdown cable from the 2004r or 700r4 or similar. I previously had  a 2bl setup and attaching both cables was fairly easy. With the dual carbs it's a bit different. Any help including pics would be greatly appreciated.
    Still having an issue with this. The problem being is that with Twin H the carbs actuate side to side vs front to back on a 2 bbl. Has anyone hooked up a gm gas pedal to a twin H setup?  If so, how?