Hudson Wire Wheels

I have (2 ) 19" wire wheels with 7 lug centers. These were in the side mounts of my 32 Packard but I have been told that Packard and Hudson used the same 7 lug wheel centers. Packard used them for 20" wheels in 1929 and Hudson used them for 19" wheels maybe in the same year but not sure. If anyone on the Hudson forum can identify these they are for sale. 
$ 500 each with lock rings. They are in very good condition and currently powder coated grey with Coker Classic tires.  They have 4 3/4" hub opening for the hub cap. 

Comments

• They look just like the factory 19" wires on my coupe. Hudson used 19's on their model R cars (this would be the entry level Hudson on 122.5" wheelbase). The higher end line for that year (139" wheelbase), used 18". Same center, with 7 lug bolts. My dad ran 20" rims on the back of his coupe. The slightly larger tire gave it better speed on the road.
  • Spencer Yarrow
    Spencer Yarrow Expert Adviser
    The 29 Hudson have a fixed cap and the lugs are on the outside not inside hidden by the cap
  • So these may be 29 Hudson ? 7 Lugs on the outside of the center ? 
  • Hans
    Hans Senior Contributor
    Have  a Hudson owner count the spokes.
    ///////////////
    WHEN LOOKING FOR A MATCH THE INNER ROW OF SPOKES AND OUTER ROW  OF SPOKES AS MOUNTED TO WHEEL HUB CENTER MAY BE IMPORTANT TO PURCHASER AS WELL AS TIRE SIZE.

/////////////////
    as a similie, 1929 Essex used 20 inch tires .  60 SPOKES with 6 bolts out side center rim, with bolts on a six inch circle.

OTHER CARS USED AN IDENTICAL LOOKING CENTER MOUNTING WITH 6 X 6  BUT SOME USED 40, AND 72 SPOKES, OTHERS WITH DIFFERENT SIZE TIRES.
    ////////
    Hope this is helpful.

• Yes they are 29 Hudson.
  • Yup. 29 hudson wheels and others. 
  • Ok, Thanks to all. These do have 68 spokes, 48 inside, 20 outside. Makes sense too, Packard used this hub on 1929 cars too. Now, who needs these ? they are in great shape. Tires are 650 x 19 Coker but not road worthy in my opinion with some cracking on the side tread. 
  • I counted 28 on the outside, and 42 on the inside, for a total of 70. I guess they're not the same.
  • I stand corrected, 28 outside, 42 inside, I practice fuzzy math.