Looking for a Bendix Treadlevac Power Brake Unit from 1954 Hudson Hornet to rebuild

Looking for a BTV Power Brake Unit from 1954 Hudson Hornet to have rebuilt. Mine is leaking brake fluid into the vacuum hose and collecting in the side canister reservoir. I don't want to pull mine out of the car right now as I still want to drive it around town. It's a slow leak, but should be fixed. Hoping someone has one that is rebuildable. Thanks. Please email me at laselvaasta@aol.com  

It should look like this one found at 
https://hudsonrestoration1948-54.com (photo by Ross Miller)

Comments

• onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    I believe General Motors used the same Treadle Vac unit in that era.  A google search for Bendix Treadle Vac Booster will give you some results.  Make note that the nuts that are on the unit are spot welded in place, to remove the unit from the firewall bracket you only need to unscrew the bolts.  They are a little difficult to reach.
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    I have one.  PM me.

• Hi Dan, I spoke with the folks at Karp’s Power Brake Service here in California and the cost to rebuild a BTV could range between$ 385 to $610 depending on what condition the core is in. They said since my car is all original they would recommend rebuilding the BTV that came with the car. Since my leak in small, I will wait till winter to take it off and send it to Karp’s. Thank you for reaching out to my request and I think your price is very fair, however I’ll just be patient and send mine in.