Front Seat Frame Squeak

Has anyone else dealt with a squeaky seat frame on a stepdown? My Hornet has had a squeak under the passenger side since I bought it. I finally pulled it out and it seems the squeak is coming from an area where there's 2 layers of sheet metal. I think the spot welds may have broken and allow the two pieces of sheet to rub together. Has anyone else encountered this?

Comments

• You could drill a very small hole through the 2 sheets and thread a small bolt and screw and it may work. 
  • ken1962 said:
    You could drill a very small hole through the 2 sheets and thread a small bolt and screw and it may work. 
    Yeah, I did try that with a couple self tapping screws. Maybe a couple machine screws would hold it more securely than the self tapping. It seems like there's a lot of stress in that sandwich area when a person pushes against the backrest. 
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    edited April 2022
    maybe a good healthy pop rivet.  BTW, have you checked for mice?  I found a rat skeleton in my Commadore front seat.  And if I was going to build a mouse condo, I'd do it just like that seat with each spring covered in burlap.
  • Oh, that's a good idea too. Although... This may be a good excuse to buy a small inverter MIG.
    No mouse in the front seat. I found that carcass under the back seat.... Don't tell my kids. 😆