VIN NUMBER

Rocket
Rocket Senior Contributor
Could someone tell me what the vin numbers started at for a 1936 Hudson 8 model # 64 my 36 Hudson 8  rumble seat coupe has 64880 on the vin plate I would like to know what number my car was when it came off of the line Thanks.

Comments

• PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    64-101 to 64-5456

If you have access to the club library you can find them all here:

https://hetclub.org/index.php?option=com_booklibrary&task=view_bl&id=136&catid=117&Itemid=1096
  • Rocket
    Thanks Paul would that make my car number 779 when it came off of the line I have a new vin plate and it has a place were you stamp your car number that is why I would like to know Tom.
  • dholck
    dholck Expert Adviser
    OK - just out of curiosity... what is significant about "number...off the line?"  Is that something they do differently in your state?  Your VIN is 64880, right?
    OH - I think I remember now that my 34T plate says "car number" and what is stamped there is the VIN.  That's what they meant by "car number."
  • Rocket
    Paul I am sorry my car would be 879 not 779 I hit the wrong button on my calculator what I would like to know when they were putting cars together on the line did they run all the same car at a time or did they have different models going down the line at the same time.  
    dholck my vin plate that came on the car has just one place for the vin numper the repo vin plate I got has a place for the car number and a place for the vin number I just thought I would put my car number in the place for the car number for the fun of it thats all a person can not buy a repo vin tag anywere that I could find.
  • AnnaCarin
    AnnaCarin Member
    edited December 2021
    If there's one place for the VIN number and one for the car number, isn't the "car number" supposed to be the number on the car's license plate?

• Rocket
    AnnaCarin I do not think it is for the cars license plate number the repo vin plate that I bought is for a step down car and I am using it on my 1936 the factory vin plate for 1936 only had a place for the cars vin number.
  • Tom
    I recently had a place reproduce the 42-47 distributor tag. Pricey but they did a great job.  If you have an original VIN tag, they could do one for you
  • eddiehudson
    eddiehudson Senior Contributor, Member
    The car number might be the license plate number if your car is from England. The Old Fogey has a 1934 and should be able to verify.

I don't remember any stepdown having room for 2 numbers, but I can't remember a lot of things.

• Ric West IN
    Ric West IN Senior Contributor
    Check with the club store and/or Wildrick's    Used to have them.
  • 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    the club store has them for 5.00 each.