Looking for a Hudson 8 engine & transmission

Hello I am looking to buy a Hudson 8 eng/trans for a new project .  What have you?  Don Feeney in central Ohio  740-816-4284

Comments

• 5433HET
    5433HET Expert Adviser
    That covers from 1930-1952.
  • I've been collecting parts for a speedster project too.  I have a 1925 Hudson chassis that I was mocking things up on, but I'm leaning toward using either a 24 Essex frame or a 29 Hudson. I have both, and they would be easier to shorten, because they have parallel rails, and the 25 is wider at the back than it is at the front. Mine was going to be powered by a 1947 Hudson eight that I had, that was already rebuilt, but I sold it to a gentleman in New Zealand in a moment of weakness. I will be using either a '56 hornet engine and an overdrive trans, or one of the 27-8-or 9 F-head Hudson engines that I have. Please start a thread here with lots of photos, so we can all watch your progress. I'm sure there will be lots of interest. I had a 1919 Essex touring that I drove quite a bit, Including various 500 mile round-trips. Due to my experiences in driving that car at 60-65 mph regularly, whatever I build WILL have four wheel brakes.The mechanical brakes on my Essex would lock up the wheels easily, and without tremendous effort, but the contact patch of the tire on the road was so small, that the brakes were not real effective at actually stopping the car... I always had to be conscious of leaving lots of stopping room, and/or having an escape route by staying in the outside lanes on multi lane roads.
  • Donald said:
    Hello I am looking to buy a Hudson 8 eng/trans for a Speedster project .  What have you?  Don Feeney in central Ohio  740-816-4284