WTB Headlight Lenses for 1935 Terraplane

Looking to buy some lenses for my Hudson. Ones on there are cracked but are CM Hall Depress Beam headlight lenses. 

Comments

• Your reflectors look like they need to be buffed.  Best thing to use is fine powdered lamp black (you can purchase from a chemical supply house) applied with 100% cotton velvet.  It’s far less aggressive than paste or tube polishes and you won’t buff through the few mils of plating and you’ll not add fine scratches to the original surface that more aggressive polishes will leave. 
  • Thank you for the advice
  • 35 Terraplane
    35 Terraplane Senior Contributor
    When I polished my reflectors I used a polishing cloth made for silver instruments. It’s very soft brushed cotton. Got it at a local music store. The cloth alone cleaned them up very nice. Slow and gentle does it. 
  • 35 Terraplane
    35 Terraplane Senior Contributor
    PS. Was told by an old timer to wipe from the center out not in a circular motion. 
  • PS. Was told by an old timer to wipe from the center out not in a circular motion. 
    I suppose that would be true with an imperfect polishing job. If you have scratches from previous over-aggressive polishing or if they’ve been polished while dirty, the best way to try and salvage them is to alternate direction in your polishing. Easy does it as there’s generally only a few mils of silver plate on the reflector. A reflector should be a perfect mirror finish to provide the best performance. 
  • tigermoth
    tigermoth Expert Adviser
    Your original question seems to have gotten off track. 

I found mine on ebay. Did you do a Google search for antique headlight lenses?

good luck

• Old Fogey UK
    Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser
    eBay is good, particularly if you know what other vehicles used the same lenses.
    If you want a lens interchange guide, private message me.
    There's also Headlights HQ that advertises in Hemings, but his prices are stratospheric.
  • Thank you for all the help. Old Fogey sent you a PM
  • Did you find a '35 depress beam lens?  I need one also and would appreciate contact info. on your source.  Thanks, Douglas