1925 Hudson suspension parts compatibility

Hi all 
I am in need of some suspension parts for my 1925 hudson. It was used as a truck for many years and all of the spring bushings ,bolts and shackles are extremely  worn out along with the king pins and I would like to find better stuff.
so my question is what year range of parts or parts cars should I be looking for?
thanks
John

Comments

• Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Spring shackle bolts are easily machined out of high-tensile bolts.   The threads on the ends are smaller than the shank of the bolts.   Bronze bushes can be obtained easily.   KIng pins are  same from  1920 thru 1926, but probably have to be machine by an engineering shop.  The bottom bush is  a flanged one, and the top one is hardened steel.  I had a set made out of aluminum bronze.     
  • Thanks Geoff
    I  figured I would have to make some of the parts myself,
     I Do have a old mill and a nice lathe and some basic skills 
    A friend thinks he has found a early Hudson chassis that was part of a old saw mill and has some of the suspension under it, from the picture he showed me I think it is probably the remains of a 1922 or 23 Hudson
    and was wondering if the front axle and springs would interchange with my 25

thanks
    John 
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Yes, they will fit. 
  • Thank you 

• Your wheels , they look like lug nuts. Or are they pindrives , very cool truck by the way. 
  • Thanks 
    it is a great piece of   American ingenuity and resourcefulness from the depression and a real time capsule 

the wheels are 7 lug 19” 
    l’m not sure of what they came off of .
    This thing seams to be assembled with parts from 1923-29 and some old wagon parts 

it Has been a labor of love to bring it back to life after sitting in a barn for 70+ years 
  • The wheels are 29 Hudson 7 lug 19”  the Biddle and Smart bodied sport phaeton had 7 lug 18”
  • These wheels are 19inch
    a little google  search indicates possibly Packard or Nash ??
    not really sure 
    But would like to find a lock ring for the one wheel I have that is missing one 
  • Those are 29 Hudson
  • Makes sense 
    it has a 29 transmission and clutch 

and I think the oil pump might be 29

• I thought they looked 29. So your front and rear  axle will be 29 as well. 
  • I think the axles may be 25 and have had the hubs changed (no front brakes) do you think the hubs could be 29?