Hudson ring

hi all 

I picked up this ring at a swap meet earlier this year and I haven’t been able to find anything out about it 
I was wondering if anyone knows much about them 

when were they made?
and  why ??

thanks
John

Comments

  • BigSkyBigSky Posts: 942Senior Contributor
    That’s really cool!
  • superwaspsuperwasp Posts: 184Member
    What kind of metal? Is it brass? It looks pretty hefty.
  • 50C8DAN50C8DAN Posts: 2,276Senior Contributor
    I think if you look hard enough into it you will see the new 2021 Hornet!  A view into a parallel world where the Big Four are Hudson, Studebaker, Packard and Nash.  GM Ford went under in the late 50s after building cars no one wanted.  Chrysler is still holding on but barely after dating Mercedes Benz and Fiat, but is now owned by Subaru.
  • 7XPacemaker7XPacemaker Posts: 491Senior Contributor
    I looked up”who owns Chrysler?” It says that it is owned by Fiat. Where did you see that Subaru owned them? Is this recent?
  • superwaspsuperwasp Posts: 184Member
    That's a parallel universe I'd like to visit.😁
  • 50C8DAN50C8DAN Posts: 2,276Senior Contributor
    7X this is not in our world!
  • 2manyprojects2manyprojects Posts: 704Expert Adviser
    ask ken poynter
  • 25truck25truck Posts: 33Member
    superwasp said:
    What kind of metal? Is it brass? It looks pretty hefty 
    I think it’s made of copper and has a adjustable band

    possibly a child’s toy?
     


  • 25truck25truck Posts: 33Member
    50C8DAN said:
    I think if you look hard enough into it you will see the new 2021 Hornet!  A view into a parallel world where the Big Four are Hudson, Studebaker, Packard and Nash.  GM Ford went under in the late 50s after building cars no one wanted.  Chrysler is still holding on but barely after dating Mercedes Benz and Fiat, but is now owned by Subaru.
    Wow 
    I guess I need to give it a polish and look into it deeper

    maybe I can see the drag pack version of the 2021
    Its called the Murder Hornet
    it’s only available in black and yellow


  • superwaspsuperwasp Posts: 184Member
    Wow, if that Murder Hornet can outrun a Demon, sign me up! :D
  • 50C8DAN50C8DAN Posts: 2,276Senior Contributor
    Got to be careful of the Superbee!
  • 50C8DAN50C8DAN Posts: 2,276Senior Contributor
    I think the Murder Hornet is running a DOHC 7.5L I6, with twin turbos
  • superwaspsuperwasp Posts: 184Member
    50C8DAN said:
    I think the Murder Hornet is running a DOHC 7.5L I6, with twin turbos
    Yes....Picturing it now.... B)
  • Smonica46Smonica46 Posts: 12Member
    Would you like to sell your ring ?
  • 25truck25truck Posts: 33Member
    Thank you for the interest in my ring 

    at this time I don’t think I want to get rid of it 

    I was hoping that someone would be able to give a little history about them 

    I was only able to find one ether one on eBay as a set of 3 rings for $100
    (sold) but there was no history 

    John 
  • 25truck25truck Posts: 33Member
    Back on eBay at a much more reasonable price (not mine)


Sign In or Register to comment.