Late Model Ford Mustang wheels...do they fit the front axle of a 1936 Terraplane?

I posted this on the regular Hudson forum, but it probably should be here.

Has anyone put 2018 era Ford Mustang Aluminum wheels on a 1936 Terraplane (Front Axle) ? Or any late model Ford Aluminum wheels?

If so, two questions:

1. Is there clearance inside with the tie rods etc, and

2. Is the center hole of the wheel large enough to clear the Hudson wheel bearing housing?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• jjbubaboy
    jjbubaboy Senior Contributor
    Hey Rocket,
    I have been working on different wheels myself for some time.
    I finally did get some Ford Ranger 3 spoke 'chrome clad' type wheels for mine, that are the correct bolt pattern.
    I did need to open up the center hole a few mm's to go over the center hub. I also had to have 5 more holes drilled in the same 5 on 4 3/4 bolt pattern in between the lug holes to accommodate the rivets in the drum. They are a 16X7 wheel and I am looking into tires now. I will post some pics later and post what I find out.
    Jeff
  • Rocket88
    Rocket88 Member
    edited July 2019
    Thanks jj great info...the info about the rivets is great. How did you open up the center hole...and how much? 
  • jjbubaboy
    jjbubaboy Senior Contributor
    I was fortunate to have a friend that has a bro in a machine shop and he did it for me. Not exactly sure how...maybe a regular shop could do it on a drum lathe?
    I don't remember how much but I put a digi caliper on the hub and he used a small dial bore gauge to get the amount.
    Jeff