Geoff Clark

Geoff Please check your email. I am unable to send a pm on this site or the club forum. Paul said you may need to reove the comma from your name. Any I need your tech advice.

Comments

• Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    have not received any email from you Val. My email address is NZgeoffclark@xtra.co.nz but leave the first NZ off, it just to fool the autobots.
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    Geoff,

If you like or want to could you edit your user name to remove the "," from it as it really confused the PM software :)
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Being only semi-literate in such matters, can you give me basic instructions please Paul.
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    No problem Geoff.

At the top of any page you'll see your login name , click on this and it will open your profile page.

On there on the right hand side you'll see what looks like a profile with a down arrow.

Click that and you'll get the option to edit your profile. In there will be your user name, if you delete the comma from that and save , job done.

Any issue let me know and I can adjust it for you
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Okay, have checked that, and the email address is correct, so I don't know what the problem is. It is of course different from my user name.
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    It's your user name that's the problem Geoff. If you look at it it's "Geoff C., N.Z.". It's the comma in there that is confusing the PM software so if someone tried to PM you what they'd see when they went to send the message is that it would try to send a message to someone called "Geoff C." and someone called "N.Z." because it uses a comma internally to separate out who the message needs to go to.

So , and this is of course your choice, if you remove the comma from user name that will stop the PM software being confused. If you don't then it just means that people can't send you a PM
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Okay, I've eliminated all extraneous punctuation marks and spaces, and now just have my truncated first name as my user name. Will see if that works.
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    I've sent you a PM Geoff so that looks good now