New Castle battery 6/12 volt

Does anyone out there have any info on now defunct New Castle battery co 6/12 volt battery that that switched on to 12 v. to starter and then back to 6v. for normal operation  once engine started? 

Comments

• I have an Orpin model B switch and a double volt battery on a Franklin. Anyway, here is link to a discussion on all that.
    https://openforum.hetclub.org/discussion/10192/12-volt-start-6-volt-run
    You will have to find a switch on eBay, but these are rare. I have an extra I can sell since spares are really not needed.
  • RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited July 2018

Here is switch schematic> note the special battery shown with the center posts so as to get 6 volts (in series). Parallel would give you 12 volts. anyway, this is it.

• Lance
    Lance Member
    Richard , weren't those Orpin switches made in Goldsboro?  
  • RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited August 2018

The batteries with the switches on them were sold there. Have seen the old popular ads but don't remember the name right now. The Orpins I have came individually in their own boxes. Went on a ebay search for these years ago.

• karl
    karl Member
    Richard, how much do you want for your spare switch?
  • RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited August 2018
    Edit: gone.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser

One I had about ten years ago... used it to combine a couple of batteries for a carry around starting battery box.   Now you can buy the same thing already manufactured in a rechargeable unit. Who would a thunk?  
  • charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    Just a thought would a pergo switch from a boat work you can switch it to2 battery to start or 2 battery  to charge just my 2 cents
  • RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited August 2018
    Edit: spares are gone.

• karl
    karl Member
    Trying to get my 37 Terraplane windshield wipers working. Does any one out there have a good working motor ? linkage is all fine. Tried squirting WD 40 into inlet and working arms back and forth. No luck . There is a number on body 8k40 or bk40?
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Might want to have Ficken Wiper Service on Long Island rebuild it for you. Worked for me.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Karl, may I suggest that you start a new discussion, rather than tagging your inquiry onto the bottom of the one about batteries? I think you'll get more responses that way. You certainly deserve "your own" discussion.
  • karl
    karl Member
    Thank you , Couldn't figure out how to get new post. Sometimes it works fine