It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Vesa, wish I had to time and patience, coming along nicely ! Mine is on the way to the shop this week for new brakes and on the road finally. Keep us posted, Dan
coming along nicely.I looked at using a tang tank but it was a tad to long for my application due to where I had my exhaust hangers and stuff. So i just fabed one up using the mustang tank as inspiration. So filler will be in the trunk/boot or will you make a hole for it above or behind the number plate?
I do hope that is not a copper brake line. Pure copper lines will not stand up to the pressure. You need steel or the Copper Nickle alloyed lines. Other than that good job.
Jay G said:
I do hope that is not a copper brake line. Pure copper lines will not stand up to the pressure. You need steel or the Copper Nickle alloyed lines. Other than that good job.Jay
I am in the process of installing a 500ci Cadillac in my '49 Hudson and would really appreciate if you could show more of how you routed your exhaust from the engine on back. I don't want mine visible from the sideview and it seems like a challenge.Your work looks great, good luck!ThanksOnly Way do this exhaust without big body changes. I made this about two weeks after my dailyworks.
vesaku, Hi, Im new here but starting to do a ls1 swap into a hornet as well. found this thread while searching. not much info out there on a swap like this. i love the challenge.I was wondering if you had any more pics of the rack and pinion set up without the engine installed? also if you have any part numbers for the rack and steering parts you used?thank you
Vesaku, Great Work!!! I see you are retaining the stock front suspension components. I have a 1951 Hornet with a completely rebuilt stock front suspension with after market power steering. When I had the front end aligned we found out there is very limited adjustment for caster and camber. The caster was 0 degrees for left and 1/2 degree for the right, had to set the total caster at 0 degrees to be balanced. The camber was able to obtain 1 degree for each side. Toe in had ample adjustment range. My results were very disappointing, driving on any curved road with any small dip or bump immediately throws me into the next lane with no warning. Constant wheel adjustment above 60 MPH is a scare and a chore to drive. This is with modern radial tires.I was not looking for a modern car driving experience but 1951 engineering was not what I wanted. I should have spent the rebuild money on a "Fat Man" front clip, I would be money ahead and a lot happier. I hope you can achieve adequate front end adjustment and have a great driving experience, this car is deserving of a good road driving experience. Keep us posted on your project.
Vesa, all I have to say is WOW ! My '53 is almost ready to drive but will never look that good.