My Hudson Hornet -52 project,

2»

Comments

• vesakuvesaku Posts: 34Member
    New brake brackets is ready now, next black powercoating paint and then i go next job...🐥

nice work
    Thank’s
    53hud54 said:
    Vesa, wish I had to time and patience, coming along nicely ! Mine is on the way to the shop this week for new brakes and on the road finally. Keep us posted, Dan 
    👍
  • bent metalbent metal Posts: 1,567Senior Contributor
    Very nice!  Keep the pictures coming. :)
  • mrsbojiggermrsbojigger Posts: 638Senior Contributor
    NICE!
    New intake manifold and mustang tank with Tank’s systems.
  • KustomKreepsKustomKreeps Posts: 346Member
    coming along nicely.

I looked at using a tang tank but it was a tad to long for my application due to where I had my exhaust hangers and stuff. So i just fabed one up using the mustang tank as inspiration. 

So filler will be in the trunk/boot or will you make a hole for it above or behind the number plate?
    edited October 12
    coming along nicely.

I looked at using a tang tank but it was a tad to long for my application due to where I had my exhaust hangers and stuff. So i just fabed one up using the mustang tank as inspiration. 

So filler will be in the trunk/boot or will you make a hole for it above or behind the number plate?
    Tank filler comes inside trunk. Mustang tank are be now all place left, maybe my exhaust pipe convenience this leftover area. 
    edited October 12
    Fenders comes back to home!

Ls looking very minimal this engine house.
    😜🤔🤔🤔🤔
  • ValVal Posts: 798Member
    Looking good! 
    Exhaust .... narrow location doing that, but now is it ready. 
  • Jay GJay G Posts: 386Expert Adviser

I do hope that is not a copper brake line.  Pure copper lines will not stand up to the pressure.  You need steel or the Copper Nickle alloyed lines. Other than that good job.

Jay

• 50C8DAN50C8DAN Posts: 1,821Senior Contributor
    I use stainless for all my brake lines anymore.  I bought a special flaring tool and it works great.  I hand bend them and use a bender sometimes, use a coat hanger or other wire to make my patterns.
  • airbrushguyairbrushguy Posts: 308Member
    I am in the process of installing a 500ci Cadillac in my '49 Hudson and would really appreciate if you could show more of how you routed your exhaust from the engine on back. I don't want mine visible from the sideview and it seems like a challenge.
    Your work looks great, good luck!
    Thanks
    Jay G said:

I do hope that is not a copper brake line.  Pure copper lines will not stand up to the pressure.  You need steel or the Copper Nickle alloyed lines. Other than that good job.

Jay

It is copper/ nickle alloyed lines, here in Finland sell only that brake pipes. Thanks you attention👍
    I am in the process of installing a 500ci Cadillac in my '49 Hudson and would really appreciate if you could show more of how you routed your exhaust from the engine on back. I don't want mine visible from the sideview and it seems like a challenge.
    Your work looks great, good luck!
    ThanksOnly Way do this exhaust without big body changes. I made this about two weeks after my dailyworks.
  • saonsaon Posts: 1Member
    vesaku, Hi, Im new here but starting to do a ls1 swap into a hornet as well. found this thread while searching. not much info out there on a swap like this. i love the challenge.
    I was wondering if you had any more pics of the rack and pinion set up without the engine installed?  also if you have any part numbers for the rack and steering parts you used?
    thank you