Hudson build sheets

Hello all – is there a source for Hudson build sheets? Chrysler Museum, perhaps? I've recently acquired a very nice '52 Hornet sedan and would like to confirm its original options and colors. Thanks to anyone who knows.

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    As far as I've heard, there is no such thing.  Most of the Hudson files were thrown out in 1954 when Hudson merged with Nash.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Each Hudson when sold was provided a dealers invoice, this enumerated the car and installed options as well as optional equipment installed by dealer.
  • Thanks, OldFarmer, but how do I find the invoice for my specific car? I've tried searching its VIN, with no success. I do have its original key case: it was sold new by a dealer in Bangor, PA. (Yes, Pennsylvania, not Maine!)
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    O. E. LaBar....
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Ron - unless you received the invoice with the car I have no idea.
  • 53jetman
    53jetman Senior Contributor
    I'm afraid the only file that would have had an invoice copy would have been in the original dealer's files - which by now you can bet have been destroyed, probably a long time ago.  Businesses are only required to keep such records for a max of seven or eight years.
  • bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    Not a build sheet, but here's a copy of a price, equipment and option folder.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Thanks Bull Islander
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    It sure clears up the question of what is optional on a specific model...I would love to see one of those for a 49 !! Anyone have one?
  • 53jetman
    53jetman Senior Contributor
    Hudson did not use "Builds heets'.  Options that were to be installed on the car were marked in chalk of colored crayon on the firewall, or hood.  There were also stickers on the inside of the windshield which indicated some of the options that were on that particular car.  Of course, the dealer prep team removed all the stickers from the inside of the windshield  as part of the pre-delivery service.
This discussion has been closed.