Hello there!

dondeb2009
dondeb2009 Member
edited June 2016 in Street Rods
Hello, new to the Hudson world, not to the car world thankfully. Found a 47 coupe hiding behind JF Kustoms in oysoyoos B.C. When hunting other parts. Walked away. Drove 500km back two weeks later and it's now in my driveway! "Slightly modified " 72 deville front clip , 500 caddy, turbo 400, power vent, Windows , no draft vents too. Power everything. Vintage air, widened rear fenders etc etc etc. Needs an interior and paint, but it was all blasted and coated. Sorry to the resto people, but I didn't personally cut it up! Thanks for the add, need a few parts and info, so I'm glad I found you ! And if anyone is wondering, yup a 500 fits. Barely!

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited June 2016
    Welcome on board, Donde!

It looks like a lot of the car is non-stock, but many of our people own modified Hudsons and could probably offer advice on non-Hudson components if you need it.  As to the parts of the car that ARE stock, we can offer PLENTY of technical advice on those.  And the forum is a good place to look for parts as well.

I don't know if you're familiar with the Hudson club, but you might want to look into joining if you're not already a member.  http://www.hetclub.org/  It's a great clearinghouse of parts and information, there's a wonderful magazine, and of course we have a number of chapters across the US and Canada, if you want to get into "local stuff".

Best of luck with your new acquisition!
  • Thanks Jon I'll definetly look into it. Have a good day!
  • Well summers winding down and time to start planning the winter projects. So would any one have some pics of a stock 47 coupe interior? Doors, back seat area rear view etcetera they could post? Seems to be the winter project this year. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.