Wanted 1952-53 Hudson 2 door Sedan

Glowplug
Glowplug Expert Adviser
Non Forum member who is in the HET would like to purchase a 52-53 2 door sedan for a resto-rod project.  Does not require a drive train.   
Contact Mike- 1234mike2beach@mchsi.com  (delete the 1234) or call eight five O-974-nine one zero one

Comments

• 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    I believe only the SWB cars were available as 2 dr sedans in '52 and '53
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    That's what he is after, a Wasp 2dr sedan.
  • 50C8DAN
    Lots of luck.  I have only seen a very few.  Popular race cars back in the day and most probably rode hard and put up wet.
  • Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    Named Brougham 1948-1952 and renamed 2 door sedans 1953

All these years and I didn't realize the 2 door Brougham//2 door sedan were on SWB cars. Still learning.

I have only seen one and it was modified into a well proportioned good looking custom job. My son has the only other 2 door sedan I have seen. 54 Hornet Special 2 door Club Sedan (renamed again)

I like the sleek styling of the 2 door sedan. I wish him luck finding his dream. Would rather see it remain stock appearing.

Lee O'Dell

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    edited January 2015
    Lee-

Some Supers were also Broughams/2-Dr Sedans.  I always thought Hudson missed the boat a little bit by not offering a Hornet 2dr Sedan.  

I thought a cool project one day would be to find a derelict '51 LWB 2-Dr Sedan and make it into the "Hornet-that -Hudson never built", but turn it into a '52, so I eventually could have all 5 body styles as '52 Hornets.  

• RL Chilton
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    edited January 2015
    An alternative to finding  50-53 SWB two door.. Use a 48-53 LWB two door (if you can find one). If it's going to have a modern drive train.. Subframe (Camaro, Nova) it and use the SWB dog house off any SWB car.
  • Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    Russell

I like your plan.

Lee O'Dell

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Rudy Bennett's 51 S6
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Another 2 door owner unknown
  • 50C8DAN
    edited January 2015
    Those are pretty nice cars to rod out!
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Those are pretty nice cars to rod out!
    Just two examples ... Not for sale
  • 50C8DAN
    Sorry it was a joke.  I should have ;-) on the end.  Did not think anyone would cut up these cars to make into a rod.  However, if you remember a number of years ago here on the forum a guy had a 1950 C8 Coupe with 12K miles on it that he was ripping apart to make his dream street rod.  His money, his car but wow what a shame.
  • RL Chilton
    Sorry it was a joke.  I should have ;-) on the end.  Did not think anyone would cut up these cars to make into a rod.  However, if you remember a number of years ago here on the forum a guy had a 1950 C8 Coupe with 12K miles on it that he was ripping apart to make his dream street rod.  His money, his car but wow what a shame.
    I remember that.  That was sad.  I would never do that with any car.  My remark earlier about making something that Hudson never built (if I ever did it at all) would be with a very derelict, or incomplete car, or even a "street rod", not a solid survivor or restored car.  
  • I 1978 I sold a running rust and dent free 51 super six brougham to a fellow in Minn. to use as a parts car for a 50,Pacemaker convt.. Ran across the same car or what was left of it several years in Solon Iowa. Missing a lot of parts. Fellow who had it died . Think it is still in area?  Back then nobody wanted broughams, you almost had to give them away, about the same time sold a 46 super brougham with 9000 miles on it for same thing. It went to Ill. Times change.. 
  • RL Chilton
    I 1978 I sold a running rust and dent free 51 super six brougham to a fellow in Minn. to use as a parts car for a 50,Pacemaker convt.. Ran across the same car or what was left of it several years in Solon Iowa. Missing a lot of parts. Fellow who had it died . Think it is still in area?  Back then nobody wanted broughams, you almost had to give them away, about the same time sold a 46 super brougham with 9000 miles on it for same thing. It went to Ill. Times change.. 
    That's odd.  I've always liked that body style.  2dr. Cool-ness with the long roof line of the sedan.  Good combination.  
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Tom ... Do you have contact info on the Solon Iowa owner? Mike just wants to buy a shell with frame and all body parts.
  • Fellows name was Baker, He died several years ago, Cars are gone , but I understand they were moved to West Branch Iowa, Most everything was pure junk and someone connected to them thought they were GOLD plated, Only thing I can suggest is to look up Packard on The Iowa City craigslist, I saw a add from Hudson parts there listing a Packard for sale. I also once pulled a beauitfull 54 Wasp brougham, perfect body and interior  out of a barn, back in the late 60's, No engine or trans, very low milage, stunk to high heaven, it was parted out, nobody wanted it either.  

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Thanks Tom
This discussion has been closed.