1930-1950 NOS windshield wiper knobs on ebay

Val
Val Member
edited March 2014 in Parts & Pieces

I just bought one for my 39. The ad said more than 10 available. $19.99 free shipping

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    These are original Hudson knobs, NOS?  Do you have a link to the auction?
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    What a great find!  
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    But these are just aftermarket "one size fits all", aren't they?
  • onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    Jon,

Looks like that's the case, and these don't have the button for windshield squirters, if your car is so equiped.

John Forkner

• Jon, they are after market I belive but as I didnt have one I purchased a card. It was shipped today. I will repost when I recieve them. 
  • Roger Harmon
    Roger Harmon Expert Adviser
    Mine arrived last night, but it was just one. I thought I was buying a display card. When I revisited the auction ad it had been updated by the seller.

Did anybody else think they were bidding on a display card?

R/ Roger.
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser

By the time I saw the ad it said one only. I have Hornets, so not sure what the original ones looked like, but I have a few of these NOS parts. .....They are already attached to the mechanism. Is this correct for earlier Hudsons?

• Ric West IN
    Ric West IN Senior Contributor
    41-47 used these.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Ric, would you (and anyone else) say that the complete assembly (including knob) of which ski4life65 apparently has several NOS examples, is the correct one for 1941? Complete and authentic "Hudson"? 

I have a friend whose 1941 now employs a bent coat hanger as a wiper control.  If the one pictured above is the correct one for that year -- and if Ski4life65 would be willing to sell one -- my friend might be interested.  If he hasn't yet procured one, of course!
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    I have 3 of them, and yes, I will sell them.
  • Ric West IN
    Jon, short answer, probably! This control assembly involves 4 part numbers from 1941-47.

1941 had a gray knob, #148155
    1942 had cream/blond knob #204175 with NP base ? maybe nickel plated?
    later 1942 #205968
    In 1946 # 204175 is listed as for models w/o radio.
    Later........#208810 listed as for with or without radio. Were chrome plated base.

1950 interchange book says #208810 is for all 46-47.

If you like to dig through parts books, this info found in Section U4-4 and U4-3.
    Parts books have a large clear drawing of the complete wiper system.

Hope this helps,
    "Ric"
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Thanks, Ric and "Ski"..  I'll advise my friend that this.  In the interim (since I last talked to him) perhaps he's found one, who knows?

• Ric West IN

??Just copied from the parts book (1940-1942)  Agree, all 41's Ihave seen  in my 60 years of studying

Hudsons had ivory/blond wiper knobs

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Just popping in here with another question about the 1941 control and knob:

I was just told by a '41 owner, that there needs to be some sort of shaft on this control, which actually contacts the wiper itself, and turns the valve off / on.

If so, does anyone have these shafts?  How to they attach?

My friend (with the control-less 1941) isn't really equipped to fabricate shafts!
  • Ric West IN
    Jon, Have him look on the club site for the appropriate parts book. There is a large (half page ) sketch of all
    wiper system parts. 41-47 identical in looks and function. Same linkage for all.
    Or have your friend call me, number is in the roster. I will copy and mail a copy.
    I don't have a scanner so can't email one.

"Ric"
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited March 2014
    Thanks, Ric -- found it!  Here is a PDF showing the whole arrangement, from the parts manual.  Sorry, you'll have to click on the little square to see it.  And even then, it comes in sideways!  (I've got a bit to learn, here).

Anyway, the part in question is U4-3. U4-18 is the rod link that's missing.  Anyone got one of these layin' around?  LOL!
This discussion has been closed.