Jethroe, 1946Hudson Pickup truck

Fred
Fred Expert Adviser
edited October 2014 in HUDSON
Boy do I need help. I decided to sell Jethroe and buy another hudson pickup truck, and my family is all over me. Jethroe has major frame rot, so I need a good frame.  I don't know if truck frames and car frames are similar, maybe someone can enlighten me. Two, I need all the upper and lower bushings in the front A-frames. Are they available? Also the shock clamp at the bottom of the A-frame. Three, I need another 262 C.I. engine, preferable a rebuilt long block.  I have a core to supply (depending on condition upon tear down.) Russ Mass, Chuck Vorse, anybody? The thing is I don't want a trailer queen, I like Jethroe the way he looks. I also want a truck with a hudson engine, not a chevy or ford. So there you have it.  Any and all responses will be acknowledged.

Comments

• Fred, I can help on bushings, frame  and shock clamps. I also can help with a 262 block.
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    edited October 2014
    Fred,
    Dont despair.. The frames found here on the East Coast usually are rusted out up over the rear end.and usually can be 'fish plated' by a frame Shop to be stronger than original. There are a couple Shops here in Erie that specialize in Frame Repair, and not too costly. Car Frames are identical but shouldnt be necessary for just a few rot spots that I can picture on your truck..

Randy Maas can probably help supply you faster with a complete rebuilt Motor, the Bushings, and the Shock Plates.

(Local Machine Shops usually take longer to work a Hudson Motor thru because their unfamilar with them).. Ive usually waited over a Yr....

The right way to do a rebuild is removal, but Is your motor knocking or blown up? If not, you might get by with having an 'In-Chassis' rebuild on your current motor by grinding the valves, new Timing Chain, honing the block, and install new rings & bearings locally..

Garages will require you to buy the Parts since they wont know where to obtain yhem but any good Shop can do the labor...The Parts are readily available and Hudson Motors are simple when compared to todays motors.

• lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser

Freds truck has had the frame spliced in at the rear if my memory is correct. I think they used channel iron

at the splice. I think it was a car frame with lighter springs that was spliced in. Maybe a frame from a low mileage car would work , than the front end wouldn't need all the parts?

• Fred
    Fred Expert Adviser
    Thank's everybody.  I'm digesting all the info at the moment.  I changed the truck springs to car springs in Jethroe because with Ohio roads my head was more in the headliner than my ass was on the seat.  I won't do that again.
  • Fred
    Fred Expert Adviser
    Folks, i don't know whats hppening here but I can't respond to any of the above messages. Please help!
  • lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    edited October 2014

Fred , mouse over the " Handle" ( forum name) of who you want to contact and left click on it.

When their page comes up , there will be a box at the left top that has a blue shadow.

Says send message. Left click and use the form that comes up.

Good luck

Roy

• akcoop
    akcoop Administrator
    Fred, are you trying to respond to each person by message or reply individually to each post?

Got your email, on the road making my way to Hershey. I will reply when I can.

Aaron
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator
    Folks, i don't know whats hppening here but I can't respond to any of the above messages. Please help!

Look to the right, under "Forum - Instructions & Tips".  The message you might be seeing is most likely the 'Body is Required' error message.  If it is, here is the workaround -

http://openforum.hetclub.org/discussion/165430/wysiwyg-issue-body-is-required-#Item_1

This discussion has been closed.