where are the AMC threads?

Ok... most car enthusiasts know about AMC Rambler or at least heard of them. But where are the owners? Is there a better AMC forum out there some where that i don't know about? The classiccar.com hudson forum is by far the best hudson forum available. Lets try and get this AMC classiccar forum happenning.

This is my first thread on here and many more to come.

I am a Happy 1955 Hudson Hornet and 1966 Rambler Classic 770 Cross Country wagon owner.

I have owned is the past....1972 AMC Javelin 401, 1969 AMX 343, 1971 Matador 360 Wagon, 1970 Rebel 360 sedan, 3 X 1967 Rambler American sedans, 2x 1946 Hudson Super Six sedan and 2 X 1983/4 Jeep Cherokee 360 v8 wagons.

My twin Brother Jeff and our dad currently own the following HUDSON AMC products: 1928 Essex sedan, 1935 Terraplane, 1954 Superwasp, 56 Hornet, 4 or 5 57 Hornets in 6 & v8 forms, two 63 Classic Wagons alloy 6 and 287v8, 1965 classic sedan, 67 American sedan, 68 rebel sedan 290, 69 rebel sedan 343, 70 rebel sedan 360, 74 matador sed 360, 75 Matador X coupe 360, 84 j20 pickup 360 and may be others i have forgot to mention. Then on top of this are our 15 plus hudson and amc parts cars, 4 landrovers, 2 fiats, 1 holden and our moderns which i will not get into.

Comments

• faustmb
    faustmb Senior Contributor
    I wondered the same, where are the AMC guys? I have ony one AMC product currently, a 1984 jeep that is in serious need of a resto.

I used to have a AMC Eagle wagon, currently have a few Hudsons.

Matt
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I did a quick "google" and found three:

http://theamcforum.com/forum/default.asp

http://amccars.net/cgi/yabb2/YaBB.pl

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/f1182/

there is also an AACA AMC/Nash Forum but it's little used

Frankly, when you're relatively small group (like AMC or Hudson owners) I'd think it would be more beneficial to have one clearinghouse for information. (When you have a huge group, like Chevy owners, it doesn't matter, because parts and technical information are everywhere!). Because Hudson, Nash and AMC are a nice 'fit', it seems to me that Classicar would be a good location for all three to find "homes".

What is also mind-boggling is that there seems to be no Nash forum or chatroom aside of Classiccar's. And the one here, is sparsely used! You'd think that the Nash club would provide a link to this (or another) site where Nash afficianadoes could go, but apparently not. What's with that?
  • Jon,

As a fellow owner of Hudsons, I have often wondered. I have a Javelin SST, Gremlin X and a AMX. The Kaiser site is just as dead I have several Kaisers also and have posted on the Kaiser site to see no activity for a least a month after my post. As you say the Hudson site is alive and vibrant but these other sites need some activity and participation.

John
  • Thanks for the response guys. I think it is up to us few at the moment to get the ball rolling.

I'm prepared to put a new thread on every 1 or 2 days even if it is just a photo or something. Tonight i will start with my good mate Garry who had just restored a 63 Classic 770 in record time. I will post on the thread his story which was finished yesterday. I will then throw in some pics.

Regards
  • faustmb
    faustmb Senior Contributor
    rustjunkey wrote:
    Jon,

As a fellow owner of Hudsons, I have often wondered. I have a Javelin SST, Gremlin X and a AMX. The Kaiser site is just as dead I have several Kaisers also and have posted on the Kaiser site to see no activity for a least a month after my post. As you say the Hudson site is alive and vibrant but these other sites need some activity and participation.

John

John,

How about posting a few pictures of your AMCs? It sounds like you have 3 very desirable (to me) models :)

I know where a GremlinX was sitting in a junk yard, it is probably still there. It seems like it had a 6 cylinder in it, I thought they were all V8's.

Matt
This discussion has been closed.