Hudsons at Hershey -- October 2023

Jon B
Jon B Administrator
edited September 2023 in Upcoming Events

Here is the tentative schedule for Hudson activities in and near the The Eastern Division AACA National Fall Meet to be held in Hershey, Pa., during the first week of October, 2023.  Please check back here as Hershey draws nearer, for updates to the schedule. 

H-E-T Club booth at flea market, Hershey, Tuesday October 3 through Friday, October 6.  The Club booth welcomes current and potential Hudson-Essex-Terraplane Club members at space RNE 24-25 in the Red Field (between the old stadium and Hershey Park Drive).  Coffee & donuts, memberships taken and renewed, message board, short-term storage for heavy flea market purchases.  Learn more about Hudsons and the Hudson club.

Discount motel rooms at Quality Inn, 1825 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle, PA 17015.  Many Hudson club members congregate at this motel each year, located about 38 minutes west of the Red Field. It is located on Route 11, one-half mile east of its intersection with Interstate 81 exit 52A / 52B (the Middlesex exit). Twenty rooms are blocked off for use by club members at a discount rate of $89 per room (plus tax).  See the Hudsons at Hershey discussion on the H-E-T Forum for information on how Club members can reserve discount rooms.

Hudson hospitality room at Quality Inn in Carlisle in motel's breakfast room.  Open from about 4 PM to 8 PM on Thursday and Friday afternoons. Light snacks will be available.

Hudson dinner, Thursday at 6:30 PM at Hoss’s Steak and Sea House, 909 Walnut Bottom Rd., Carlisle -- 9 minutes from the motel.  A private room has been reserved, and each party may order off the menu separately.  Reservations are not required, but we do ask that those planning to attend, contact us two weeks beforehand so we can have tables set to accommodate the crowd.

All-Hudson flea market at the Quality Inn, Saturday morning 8 AM to noon.  In corner of front parking lot near Quality Inn sign, facing Rte. 11.)  No registration fee is required. (Update, 5/5/2023: Alternate date would be Friday -- perhaps all day.  PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS:  Friday, Oct. 6 (all day, or for a particular time slot), or Saturday from 8 AM to noon.  Contact me at the e-mail address or phone number shown below.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, to comment, make suggestions or to advise us you're coming to Thursday's dinner, contact Jon Battle (540) 364-1770, or xxxdetailed@verizon.net (remove xxx before sending).

WE CAN USE ASSISTANCE at the Hudson booth, and at the hospitality room in the Carlisle motel.  Read more, here: https://openforum.hetclub.org/discussion/368341/volunteers-needed-for-h-e-t-booth-at-hershey-oct-3-6#latest

Comments

• MickeyB
    MickeyB Member
    Great way to reach out Jon.  Haven't been to Hershey in many years.  Last time there though I got a radio and a radiator for my '47 SS.  Hope you have great weather!!
  • bjgund
    bjgund Member
    Friday, Oct 6 is my preference.

• Toddh
    Toddh Member
    hi Jon

i can do Tuesday or Wednesday at the booth.  Prefer a morning shift

thx
  • miroth
    miroth Member
    Problem with Friday -
    I don't know how many others besides me Judge at Hershey, but that takes the better part of the day of the AACA National Show
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Jon I most likely will be attending.  Possibly Thurs or Fri?  I can bring my Commodore or Hornet.
  • bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    Was there still any flea market last year on Friday?  It seemed with the new schedule that Friday was the new Saturday with many now packing up on Thursday.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Thanks to those who have volunteered.  I will try to get back to you soon!
  • Just reserved a room at the Quality Inn.  Jon, thanks for arranging this!

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator