Gearbox lock key

Hi Men

I want to install an original gear box Yale lock on a 1920's HSS gearbox. However I don't have a key for it. Now, from previous experience, I know that a locksmith can "have a poke around in such a lock" and make a key that will work for it.  But,  again from previous experience, I've found that keys made this way can be a bit "hit & miss" and don't work as well as those cut straight from an original key code. So I'd prefer to get a key for the lock I want to install cut from code. The code is HM 675.

No locksmith here in NZ still has such code. So is there anyone in your country who still has on record what this code is and therefore could cut a Yale HM 675 key no problem from that record. ?   If so can you send me their contact details?  Or perhaps you will be so kind as to have the HM 675 key cut by them for me. I have a paypal account so can cover any costs you incur by reinbursing you using that.  And I have both a UK and USA shipping address for you to forward the key to. Please let me know if you can help me in any way.

Thank you

Brett of Hudson Hire
www.hudsonhire.co.nz

Comments

• Hans
    Hans Senior Contributor
    Check your email
    Hans
  • hudsonhire
    hudsonhire Member
    edited April 2023
    Hans - thanks for that but I haven't received anything from you in my email (not even as spam) So can you repost it here please (so I get to see it this time )  Thank you
  • Hans
    Hans Senior Contributor
    Hans Jacobsson

To:brett@hudsonhire.co.nz
    Cc:You;
    • dvogelauto@aol.com

Mon 4/24/2023 1:21 PM
    Brett 

I am Hans Jacobsson in Adrian MIchigan
    In HET since 1963
    This man has made keys for me.
    /////////////////

One key is approximately $20.00 USD,   plus postage.

He can mail to your USA address.  

to mail to NZ is over $13.00 USD
    /////////////////////

second email 

You replied on Mon 4/24/2023 1:37 PM
    HJ
    Hans Jacobsson
    To:brett@hudsonhire.co.nz
    Cc:
    • You
    Mon 4/24/2023 1:27 PM
    Douglas is also a AACA member and attends Hershey Meet every October.

I called him, and he has the books with numbers for your lock.

The prices of some others are much more money.

Hans
  • Many many thanks for that Hans.  I have emailed Douglas .... and in time I'll let you know how I get on.. Thanks again. Brett of Hudson Hire
  • Hi Hans

The key (that Douglas cut) has arrived. It works perfectly .... so thanks again for putting me onto him.

Brett of Hudson Hire