Spin-on oil Filter on 308

50C8DAN
50C8DAN Senior Contributor
I decided to put a spin-on oil filter adapter on my Hornet.  Did not want to use rubber lines and made some out of SS.  While I was at it I added an oil pressure line for a new gauge.  I put a restrictor plug on the inlet line that should keep the cam galley pressure where it needs to be.  The OBD aluminum adapter only needed to have the mounting holes enlarged about 3/16" to fit the Hudson block mounting holes.  Overall, came out pretty well. 

Comments

• Looking good. 👍
  • 50C8DAN
    That is OTB adapter. 

• Kinda makes one want to paint the oil filter so it doesn't look so bad next to that adapter housing. 😆
  • That looks great ,as if it was stock from the company.

By the way Dan, sorry if it's out of context, but how goes the intake manfold project going?
  • 50C8DAN
    Yes, I am going to paint the oil filter it does look kind of out of place in there.  I may look at one of those chrome-plated HD filters that are out there.

As for the intake - a lot of progress has been made in the last few months.  I think all the interference issues with a stock exhaust manifold have been fixed, and the plenums have been redesigned as Grim Greaser has used his CAD system to simulate the flow and has it down to less than 1/2 CFM per runner - pretty good!  

The manifold project is however running slow right now due to trying to get the head tooling done.  We have had one can of worms after another due to the piss poor work that was done by the caster of the original run of those heads about 12 years ago.  The solid models for the head were taken from laser scans of an original twin vortex head and that is where the issues are coming from.  Thankfully this one will be good from the get-go.  The head is so far about 2 months behind schedule!  The manifold hopefully will go a bit smoother since we are fixing a lot of problems before any real parts are made.