51 Pacemaker

51HRH
51HRH Senior Contributor
I'm on the downhill side of building/reassembly of my grandfather's rust free Pacemaker with a BBC, 4L80E and a Currey 9", with a twist. A tribute car, town car, like the owners of Hudson built for their wives. 3 customs were made by a company in PA. All the usual mods, shaved everything, suicide rear doors, tucked bumpers, 4 corner hydraulic coilovers and some other cleaning up of mass production ugliness. 

Comments

• bent metal
    bent metal Senior Contributor
    Would love to see it.
  • photos please. Lots of detailed photos 
  • 51HRH
    51HRH Senior Contributor

fresh out of the paint booth last january
  • Thanks for posting the pictures. That looks really good. I like the narrowed bumpers, and the rounded door corners, and the fact that the car's identity is lost in the changes you made. Well done, I say.
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    Love it! Awesome workmanship.
  • 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    great body work but no longer looks like a hudson
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    Here is one of the originals. I think you did a great job

• 51HRH
    51HRH Senior Contributor
    Once reassembled with the lit grill emblem, diamond shaped tail lights and the distinctive body shape and sheetmetal stampings, true Hudson aficionados will have no problem recognizing the brand once it's in the sunshine.
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    A subtle reworking , I think it looks good!
  • 51HRH
    51HRH Senior Contributor
    Thank you, Paul. 
  • 51HRH
    51HRH Senior Contributor
    Sharp eye, speeddemon.
  • 51HRH
    51HRH Senior Contributor
    51 HRH said:
    Sharp eye, speeddemon.
    Now I'm looking for two rear courtesy lights like this. Anybody have these on a shelf?  
  • I have two if you still need them
  • 51HRH
    51HRH Senior Contributor
    Thank you fliptop. Yes, I'm still in need of the complete light socket fixture, trim and lens. What condition are yours in? 

• 51HRH
    51HRH Senior Contributor
    .....and your pricing for two, please.
  • Solid back, good glass and chrome. check your messages

• PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    edited December 2022
    It was indeed as well as the original post 
  • Hans
    Hans Senior Contributor
    thank you for finally removint the origional. now mine can be removed to clost it all.
    respectfully
    Hans Jacobsson  
  • 51HRH
    51HRH Senior Contributor
    Fliptop, please help me, a caveman, find your message about the interior lights. My delay in response was/is due to my mom's death the day before Christmas and dealing with funeral arrangements and the estate since. Thank you.

• I still have the lights if you need them.... Are you local ? I saw your reference to a caveman.... I am in Utah
  • 51HRH
    51HRH Senior Contributor
    I'm a northern California caveman, 12 hrs due west of Salt Lake City. If you still have the complete interior light components, we need to talk seriously about price, shipping and any other details, for both of them, to get them from your shelf to mine. Thank you for your patience, David.
  • @51HRH any Information on where to locate that bumper? 
  • 51HRH
    51HRH Senior Contributor
    The rear 3 piece bumper was welded together and had some surgery to tuck it in closer to the body. The front was narrowed and tucked in and the body frenched to matched the rear factory look. BUT! If want chrome, to go down that road, first the chrome needs to be removed and second only use a TIG welder otherwise there are no guarantees for plating not to rust through. (per the chrome shop) I didn't have that advice until after all of the slicing and dicing was done. That's why mine are painted.
  • If chrome is not an available option try Powder coating.

• railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser

What a happy looking Hudson! Nice Sunoco sign too.