Door Glass

ratlee2
ratlee2 Expert Adviser
Has anyone had side glass cut for their Hudson recently, I am curious on current pricing?  I need to replace the rear door glass on my Super Wasp sedan in green tint.  The prices I am getting locally is between 200-300 dollars each with me handing them the old glass pattern so there is nothing other than tracing and cutting the new glass.  I am used to paying between 20 and 40 dollars for these 2 years ago.

Comments

• ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    That seems crazy expensive
  • ratlee2
    ratlee2 Expert Adviser
    Yeah, I thought so too.  I even pointed out to them that I could buy all 8 side glass pieces as a kit off Ebay for the same price they were quoting me for 1 window.
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    Bob's classic glass sells the entire kit (8 pieces of glass for a sedan) for $340
  • charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    Shipping is a killer for glass
  • I last used Peninsula glass company, Vancouver WA.  Good quality and reasonable price.

JC

• Contact Bob classis auto glass. 800-642-2130
  • WABOOM
    WABOOM Member
    Last summer I ordered a passenger window for my '54 Hornet coupe for under about $190 total . 
    I will lookup the vendor and get back to this thread. 
  • WABOOM
    WABOOM Member
    http://www.classicflatglass.com

The window was $145 and $36 to ship
  • Does any one have the specs, dimensions for the front door glass on a coupe (51) and location 
    of the steel u channel that goes on the bottom of the glass?
  • A place local to me here in So. Cal. has glass specs for Hudsons, clear back to the early 30's. Jack's Glass (909)-877-5860
  • 54coupe, thank you. I’ll call them and see if they will send my the specs.