Twin h intake manifold

dave11
dave11 Expert Adviser
Still looking for a Twin H intake for my 52 308, don't need the carbs or linkage

Dave Eddie

Comments

• Hudsy Wudsy
    Hudsy Wudsy Senior Contributor
    I have one off of a '54 that I'm going to be posting on ebay in a couple of days. I'll let you know when it's running.
  • Hudsy Wudsy
    edited October 2022
  • bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    hudsy, if you sold it here you could save the 15% fees.  and the buyer would save the sales tax.  win-win.
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Not only that.  Keep in mind that ebay now issues a 1099K any time your total sales goes over $600.  I found that out the hard way when I sold a piece of equipment for my company on my private account.  I am now jumping through hoops to make sure I don't owe taxes on it.  They are going to want to know how much you "bought" something for as well, the IRS that is.

• Hudsy Wudsy
    I would be glad to sell it here, but I have no idea what to ask for things. I've never done a lot of buying and selling. I figured, perhaps wrongly, that ebay was the best place to see what the market will bear. Any thoughts on that point?
  • bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    Hudsy, I haven't bought or sold a Hornet one in a long time so no idea what their current value would be.  There is a Wasp one that recently sold on ebay for $220 shipped, for what that is worth.  And I did sell a complete Jet one (intake and exhaust) with cleaners about 5 years ago for $200.  Pick a number you're happy with or ask for offers?  Ebay is always an alternative if everything else seems low.

Dan, I sell some things on ebay and got a 1099k last year.  On a separate space on my return, I put the same dollar amount as a cost of items sold reference to zero it out so it had no effect.  I'm selling things I had previously bought...some sell for more, others for less.  Seemed fair and I don't believe the intent was to tax the average person on selling belongings or items not in the scope of a business.
  • dave11
    dave11 Expert Adviser
    James 
    sent you a PM

Dave Eddie
  • dave11
    dave11 Expert Adviser
    Finally I have finally located an intake manifold, Hallelujah !!!
    Interesting, during my search I was contacted three different times by scammers, offering to sell a manifold they did not have.

Dave