AC/Alternator bracket advertised in WTN

50C8DAN
50C8DAN Senior Contributor
A year or so ago there was an ad in the WTN, several issues, for an AC/Alternator braket.  Apparently, this is different than the AMC bracket.  I sent an email to the advertiser but never got a response. I would be interested if it looked good.  I am not impressed with my AMC braket.  Does anyone know who this was or did anyone here buy one?

Comments

• May I ask what the engine size you are talking about. 
  • 50C8DAN
    Wide block I6, 308, 262, etc.  I went back and looked at my email and it was to ednighttrain and it was 2019!  I don;t know who Ed is.
  • I can send pictures of how I set up my lower and upper adjustment bracket. I do believe these pictures are posted some where on here.
  • I found those pictures I posted. They are on alternator mounting brackets 
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Do not know Ed Nightrain... but I have alternative mount on my webpage
    https://hudsonrestoration1948-54.com/  click on :  Adding Air conditioning on the left side of the page 

• 50C8DAN
    Glowplug that looks like a clean install, except if you have PS which I do.   Otherwise, this looks like a better idea than the AMC bracket.
  • I still like the A/C mounted on the right side.{ I do not have the pattern}

• The advertisement was from Ed Mueller. He owned the custom “Night Train”. He passed away a few years ago.
  • 50C8DAN
    Thanks for the update on Ed.  Sorry that he is no longer with us as so many that had special items for Hudsons are passing on, i.e. Frank's full-flow oil filter system.  Does anyone know what Ed's bracket system looked like?  I am just curious.
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    Did anyone take over the full flow filter project?
  • 50C8DAN
    Not that I am aware of.   I contacted Frank's widow once and she said she was looking for someone to take it on but that was quite a while ago.  I know I interfaced with Frank when he was starting to get it up and going and said he was working with a casting house to make the bodies, etc.  Other than that I don't know where it was or what it would take to get it going again.  He had it designed and several folks bought the early machined versions.
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator
    edited August 2022
    50C8DAN said:
    Not that I am aware of.   I contacted Frank's widow once and she said she was looking for someone to take it on but that was quite a while ago.  I know I interfaced with Frank when he was starting to get it up and going and said he was working with a casting house to make the bodies, etc.  Other than that I don't know where it was or what it would take to get it going again.  He had it designed and several folks bought the early machined versions.
    Now that you mention it, I have one of Frank's full-flow oil systems, somewhere among the parts on my shelves (NIB - never installed)..