Real 3D model of Twin H x 2 Manifold

50C8DAN
50C8DAN Senior Contributor
Just in time to take to the National meet, Grim Greaser got the 3D printed model to me!  Looks great.

Comments

• GrimGreaser
    GrimGreaser Senior Contributor
    Looks pretty damn sharp with those Webers on top! Tracking was giving me a bit of heartburn...
  • Very cool.
  • 50C8DAN
    Yep, me too, the weather delay was very vague and I thought, oh no not now.  We have lost some pretty pricey parts due to Fedex flubs and I thought has the gremlin bit me again?  I was thrilled when it showed up.
  • A couple of questions...
    1. Do I see a built-in balance tube on the lower outside edge?
    2. Does each carb feed three cylinders, or is there a big open plenum connecting the area under the carbs?

Thanks. It looks great!
  • 50C8DAN
    There is a balance tube between the two carbs, ala '55/56 Twin H, and each carb is placed very close to feed three cylinders each with good distribution.  There are also dimples at the bottom of each plenum to help break up the flow and get some turbulence. 

On the outside what you see is the water heater tube, not a balance tube, connecting the areas under each plenum.
  • 50C8DAN
    There are still a number of design tweaks but it is about 85% there.
  • Very nice. Thanks for the quick reply.
  • 50C8DAN
    I bolted up the model to a 308 long block I have in the garage.  

• Max162
    Max162 Member
    That looks great! I assume the intake can fit on a 262 right?
  • 50C8DAN
    I should fit any '46 - '56 I6, except Jet.
  • 50C8DAN said:
    I should fit any '46 - '56 I6, except Jet.
    I think you fat fingered that one. Should be 48-56.
  • 50C8DAN
    Yes typing on my phone!  48-56
  • That looks great.
  • That is badass!! No other words lol
  • 50C8DAN
    edited August 2022
    One thing to note is that I have the carbs on backward.  To get the throttle linkage to pull from front to back the carbs will need to be turned around.  I am working on a throttle linkage system, still too early to comment, but it will be available by the time we go to casting. The head will come first as we have almost enough pre-orders to make at least 40 units.  I should have a firm quote finally for machining this week.

If you want on the list for one or either head or manifold please get your name to me ASAP. If I run some extra units they will not be for sale for the same price for those that are signing up before the actual casting runs.
  • brumac
    brumac Expert Adviser
    Hi Dan,  I am still hanging in for one manifold,
    Bruce
  • 50C8DAN
    edited August 2022
    Found this video of a Ford 300 I6 with dual Webers.  This engine is a descendent of the Hudson 308 since Bernie Seigfried developed it from the OHV I6 he was working on at Hudson before they closed. Sorry there is not more light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WGCCgpvWn8
  • LanceB
    LanceB Senior Contributor
    Looks great!
  • Dan, am I on your list for the intake? I know I'm on the list of the head, but I don't remember if I'm also on the intake list too. 
  • 50C8DAN
    I had you on the manifold list but not the head list.  I have added you to the head list.

• Thanks, these are great projects for the club.