Twin Vortex Head update

50C8DAN
50C8DAN Senior Contributor
edited February 2022 in HUDSON
We are getting close to having enough commitments to launch the head project.

Up to 28!

Comments

• VicTor Z
    VicTor Z Senior Contributor
    Thanks for the Up-Date!
  • 50C8DAN
    If you know anyone that might be interested in the new head please have them contact me. I would really like to kick this thing off so we can have heads by September!!
  • Private message sent.
  • What is the price for the vortex head?
  • 50C8DAN
    our estimate in Jan was $1,250.   I have not repriced it yet.  Expect to be able to start the project in  August. i am hoping to pick up a few more orders at the Hudson Nationals in Ypsilanti.
  • Baring any complications. I'll come up with that money
  • I hope this head works with the 7x valves I'll be using on my engine
  • 50C8DAN
    Valve clearance should not be a problem.
  • This is great to hear. I want one head. I'll get the money together. 
  • I need to know what the final price will be do the new head. So I can get the money together
  • 50C8DAN said:
    $1,250 - as of Jan. Expect up a slight bit but in the same ballpark.
    It came up in another post today.
  • Is there a current price on this new head? I want to pay for my new head as soon  possible
  • 50C8DAN
    I will be taking one of the original TV heads, along with a stock Hudson head and a Clifford head to the Nationals for a tech session and will have them in the vendor area under a canopy for inspection.   I am also taking the 3D printed new 2x2 manifold model.  I will be seeing if I can rustle up a few more orders.  Once I know how many orders I can count on I will provide a final quote.  I want to try to make this as affordable as possible.  I am not making any profit on these so it will be at my cost.  As soon as I have a final number everyone will be notified.  I may plan to run a few extra but if you want one I would not count on me having a lot of extras, and who knows if we will have enough to make another run in the future.  It may be one and done!
  • TwinSupercharged
    TwinSupercharged Expert Adviser
    50c8dan, Would it be possible that you or someone can video your Tech Talk and then post it here? I am on your order list and will not be able to make the Nationals. Thanks, Fred
  • 50C8DAN
    I think they do that as a matter of record for all Nationals.
  • Hans
    Hans Senior Contributor
    I am not aware of tech sessions being recorded in past Meets.

However John Fromm of New York is a plesant fixture at every Naional and makes videos of car activities. 1-585-7 TWO 3- 8  SIX  SIX 9

Perhaps contacting him could assist in informing and encouraging others to participate. 
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    The tech sessions are videotaped if john Fromm is asked and the presenting person agrees.   I have engine - transmission rebuilding and cork clutch videos.  Great resources!
  • 50C8DAN
    For those interested, I will be presenting a Powerpoint presentation at the National meet on both the new head and manifold designs.  This presentation will be available to anyone after the presentation.  Just as a piece of preliminary information - I do not have any flow bench or dyno testing for either part.   I wish I did, but it takes a lot of money to do that kind of testing, and Edelbrock I am not!  I will have theoretical and comparative design research that went into both parts that will have to do for now.