Service manual 1930 Hudson

Surmod
Surmod Member
I've come across a publication by Faxon, who make auto literature, for a 1930 Hudson Service Operations Manual.  Is that about my only option for getting one? 
I read in a thread dated around 2009 that a fella was downloading and printing off the same manual from a Hudson online library.  However I tried clinking on the links he supplied, but noting came up.  Is there a link for a page by page online reference of that service manual? 

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    A 1930-33 Service Operations Manual is available for downloading on the H-E-T website, but this consists of 289 pages of text description of what to do, and various sizes and clearances.  But no pictures!  Anyway, assuming you're an H-E-T member you can register at the website, then click the drop-down menu ("Library") and see lists of literature for various years of Hudson.  If you get the parts manual you may be able to use it in conjunction with the Service Operations Manual, to see what they're talking about in the Manual.  Here's the Library master index: https://hetclub.org/index.php?option=com_booklibrary&view=categories&layout=categories&Itemid=1096
  • Surmod
    Surmod Member
    Jon B said:
    A 1930-33 Service Operations Manual is available for downloading on the H-E-T website, but this consists of 289 pages of text description of what to do, and various sizes and clearances.  But no pictures!  Anyway, assuming you're an H-E-T member you can register at the website, then click the drop-down menu ("Library") and see lists of literature for various years of Hudson.  If you get the parts manual you may be able to use it in conjunction with the Service Operations Manual, to see what they're talking about in the Manual.  Here's the Library master index: https://hetclub.org/index.php?option=com_booklibrary&view=categories&layout=categories&Itemid=1096
    Thanks.  I have the parts manual and the instruction book.  I've also got a lot of information from the Hudson literature and tech information page at  hudsonterraplane.com.  Joining HET seems a little pricey for a Canadian. It's pretty much the same amount as the Service manual from Faxon.  What advantages are there by joining HET ?
  • The White Triangle Hudson magazine is a great bi-monthly magazine. Full of articles,photos,information, and classified adds.
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    If you have the attitude of only joining something for what you can get out of it, don't bother. 
  • Toddh
    Toddh Member
    Geoff said:
    If you have the attitude of only joining something for what you can get out of it, don't bother. 
    What Geoff says….
  • eddiehudson
    eddiehudson Senior Contributor, Member
    What Geoff says….
  • jjbubaboy
    jjbubaboy Senior Contributor
    Pricey....
    AAY???
    Been there from Washington....Y'all got the lot on pricey!
    HET is a HUGE bargain.
    J
  • Surmod
    Surmod Member
    jjbubaboy said:
    Pricey....
    AAY???
    Been there from Washington....Y'all got the lot on pricey!
    HET is a HUGE bargain.
    J
    Yeah I hear ya eh! Around these parts ya gotta talk to your banker for a loan, just to gas up the daily driver.