Headlight bucket orientation

Hey all, 

I just noticed that my headlights are not vertical.  Maybe the bucket needs to be installed with a certain clocking?  I installed the buckets with the wire pass-through gromet on top.  Maybe thats the issue?  

Thanks in advance, 

Ray

Comments

• FIXED !

• Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Still looks on an angle to me!
  • Lol Richard.  For the life of me, even after rotating it and saving it.  When I'd reupload it would be rotated.  
    And Geoff, thats exactly what I was talking about it seems 3-5 degrees rotated clockwise.  

Thanks.

Ray

• Sorry, I know you don't think this is funny, but I can't help it ! You'll fix it, even if you have to grind slots(Dremel) for the bucket mounting holes (that would work if you can't find anything else to do).

• Ray, are you having the same issue on the other side? I have encountered poor mfg control on modern headlights a couple times. (The headlights that use insert bulbs seem to have particularly poor build quality) I'd check the headlight closely before cutting any metal. Just my 2c. 
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Looks to me like poor quality control in the manufacture of the  lamp.  it is possible to  pick out the crimping around the glass and centre the glass properly, and re-seal with silicone,  but I would take it back to where you bought it and ask for a replacement. 
  • Could you have mixed up the right and left units while they were out?