Wheel question

Doclee
Doclee Member
There are these sheet metal rings mounted between the wheels and drums of my '50 C6. I would like to know what they are and if they are necessary, since they don't seem to be in very good condition. Any ideas?

Thanks again.

Comments

• Courtesy Man
    Courtesy Man Expert Adviser
    Could they be wheel spacers to move the wheel further out from the drum? Would the wheel's tire rub the inner fender especially on the back wheels? These would be aluminum or steel and have wheel lug spacing to fit.

c
  • Doclee
    Doclee Member
    One of the HET members informs me that this is a dust shield. Don't know if it is a factory item or not, but given the number of aftermarket sexy bits on this car, I'm thinking some kind of J.C.Whitney shenanigans.
  • 54coupe
    54coupe Member
    They are factory. I'll take a photo of one on a drum when I get home from work tonight.
  • 54coupe
    54coupe Member

A photo of front and rear.
  • trdrew
    trdrew Member
    They are OEM. Shields to keep out water & dirt.
  • Doclee
    Doclee Member
    Where would I locate something like that? I'm not even sure what to call them in order to go looking.
  • I live in an area that doesn't get a lot of rain, so If it were mine, I wouldn't bother with them. Al Saffrahn in Arizona should have them, or possibly Jason at Vintage Coach (909)-823-9168