old Hudson dealership

I have a bit of a dilemma, and would like to maybe get advice from club members. I apologize in advance if this needs to be deleted . It is not about Hudson cars but about a Hudson dealership. I own a brick building that was built about 1921 and is in serious disrepair. It was a Hudson dealership then Rambler until the early 70s. I am looking for someone experienced in brick restoration and am not having good luck. With new construction and the fact I will not be renting it out for apartments puts me at a disadvantage.  It is located in central Wisconsin. I will take any suggestions and good advise. I have been told to remove the bricks and frame with wood and tin over it, but am trying to preserve it if I can. Thank You very much.    

Comments

• I don't think I understand the ask. Are you asking for construction advice or alternative use advice for the structure?
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    I can't answer the question, but would love to see a picture of the building.
  • construction advice, ideally if someone knows a semi-retired mason with restoration experience in my area 
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I wonder if there is someone in your area who deals with old building preservation and knows all the craftsmen available to restore brickwork?  Possibly he/she could offer you some free advice.
  • charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    Google someone who points up bricks their should be someone  on their that dose the work good luck hope it helps
  • charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    You could do the work your self it's not really hard you need a stiff brush a grinder a 8 in sheet rock mud knife  and a convexed brick jointer grind the joints between  the bricks it doesn't  have to be really deep 1/2 in. To 3/4 in. Then brush out the old morter mix you brick mortar  not a lot put it on you mud knife and use the brick jointer to push it between the bricks till they are filled make sure the morter is like wet sand at the beach you can Google  this too to understand  it a little better best of luck