Eliminating drum brakes and under floor mechanism in 51 hudson

I want to know and see pictures of a setup with disc brakes and under floor brake components removed from Hudson and using a firewall master cylinder and hanging brake pedal like today's vehicles. That's of course if anyone has done this 

Comments

• bob ward
    bob ward Senior Contributor
    Power brakes were at option 1954, they had a fire wall mounted booster and a pendulum pedal. The whole assembly can be retrofitted to any of the earlier stepdowns.
    There are many discussions on the rest of the disc brake conversion process on this forum. 
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    edited January 2022
    TYI
    Ive done it using a mid 2000 Chevy Malibu Swing pedal assy with Power Master Cyl by drilling 4 mount holes then Hole sawed center hole. I ran line from large chamber to front brakeS then small chamber to rear. No firewall flex...Midnite so will look for pic tomorrow.
    I made my own disc brake Set-up too. I Cut the bracket from 3/8" plate, Chry Sebring Rotors, and GM Calipers. However, today I recommend contact Starbird for their Bracket then they give part numbers for all componets needed from local Auto Supply.
  • WHY ????  Ft Disks & underfloor power is all you need. Heck of a lot simpler and couldn't be any better!
    >>>>  https://goo.gl/photos/QEtE7t64Ebs53teC8
  • RichardD said:
    WHY ????  Ft Disks & underfloor power is all you need. Heck of a lot simpler and couldn't be any better!
    >>>>  https://goo.gl/photos/QEtE7t64Ebs53teC8
    Ease of maintenance, and safer with a dual reservoir master cylinder, would be my guess.
  • Forgot Dual Master Cylinder; BUT my remote brake fluid container has a warning light that blinks on my dash whenever the level drops about 3/8" and container is 4" deep and 2' above master cylinder. I feel safe; plus Hudson's amazing emerg. brake system w/ underfloor !!
     No maint. required anyway other than a MC rebuild !
    SO......................