edited December 2021 in HUDSON
Alex Burr passed away Wensday 
The Clubs has losses one of the greats
he did so much for the Hudson people 
Rest in peace you will truly be missed

Comments

• 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Yes this is a loss.  He did a great job of digitizing information we all have benefited from.  RIP 
  • VicTor Z
    VicTor Z Senior Contributor
    Yes! Sad news! Many years he would post on the chat line ; Aunt Hester .........
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    A Doc Daugherty Award winner, he served the New England Chapter for years as newsletter editor, and the National club by digitizing and publishing scads of Hudson manuals and other literature.  I am so sorry to hear this information.
  • stev1955
    stev1955 Expert Adviser
    Very sorry to hear this
  • Oh My God! Such a loss to the HET community and very sad news. Alex was such a wealth of knowledge. He will be missed.  
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    As Jon said Alex single-handedly scanned all the manuals in for which he was rightly awarded. When I took on the running of what was then the 2 websites one of my first tasks was to move the shop and manuals to new homes.

Alex was an invaluable help in the latter, he made sure that I put the right things in the right place and was always quick to offer a much appreciated word of advice.

I'd not spoken with him for a while , I knew he'd been unwell but this was still a shock.

A lovely , well-liked man in the Hudson world, may he Rest in Peace
  • LanceB
    LanceB Senior Contributor
    Sad to hear.  May he rest in peace.
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    Glowplug said:
    Thanks for posting that and on the other forum as well.
  • bob ward
    bob ward Senior Contributor
    Alex was a good man.
  • Alex loved the brand and the club so much.  For as long as I have been in the club he has been working his tail off on digitizing and organizing everything Hudson.  A debt is owed.