1936 Custom Eight, u joint

Anybody know what u joint fits a 1936 Hudson Custom Eight?  Probably the same for all '36 Hudsons.
 Thanks.

Comments

• Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Same joint used on all '36-'54.   Should be easily obtainable, same as Ford, Chevy etc.   Take it into NAPA, they should have them.  
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    NAPA 369

• thank you Geoff and Uncle Josh
  • BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    The NAPA u-joint 369 has a zerk to grease it.  After finding grease slinging out of my current u-joints, I’d much rather have a non-greaseable u-joint, as I’m assuming a new one would still sling grease.  Has anyone found one that will fit?  
  • Old Fogey UK
    Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser
    1934 and 1935 UJs are the same as some modern Land Rover ones. I don't know if that's the case with later Hudsons. It might be worth a try taking your UJ  to the parts department of a Land Rover dealership to see if they can come up with something.
  • BigSky
    I figured I’ll just take it to the place that can check the balance on it in town & have them replace all 3 u-joints on the driveshaft at the same time. 
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    You have a bad Zerk
  • BigSky
    It’s not the zerk, the grease comes out of the rubber that’s supposed to hold it in.  Doesn’t matter, I’m going to just replace them all.  

I’m so sick & tired of all my old cars sh-ting all over my garage floor… I swear they leak from ever possible place, which is why Permatex “The Right Stuff” is my favorite garage tool…. Right behind my hammer!
  • ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    My wife claims that the most important tool in my tool box is my "cell phone"