Hudson station wagon .

RichieRichie Posts: 982Senior Contributor
An old guy in the group that meets for breakfast every morning mentioned that when he was a young kid he saw a Hudson station wagon. I drive my Hudson to breakfast every morning, so we talk about old cars in general. I spoke up and said I'd never seen a Hudson station wagon and asked him what year it was. He couldn't tell me what year it was.
Did Hudson ever make a Hudson station wagon??? Thanks. Richie.

Comments

• oldcarnutoldcarnut Posts: 22Expert Adviser
    If I remember right, Eldon Hostetler had one unrestored and one restored. It has been a long time since I saw his collection.

Chuck
  • GlowplugGlowplug Posts: 2,252Expert Adviser

Some examples:  none after 1947
  • 35 Terraplane35 Terraplane Posts: 369Senior Contributor
    Love it, I learned something new today 
  • BigSkyBigSky Posts: 976Senior Contributor
    1937 Woody

• 54coupe54coupe Posts: 812Member
    There is also a 1942 woodie in my shop. It is the only one known that is still numbers matching. It was last registered in 1953, and my parents bought it in 1976.
  • ValVal Posts: 1,029Member
    Very nice, I never knew they did that. 
  • RichieRichie Posts: 982Senior Contributor
    Wow, I never new this and never even thought about Hudson station wagons. Never too old to learn something new. Thanks a lot guys. Richie.
  • 54coupe54coupe Posts: 812Member
    The White car pictured above is a creation that was commissioned by Eldon Hostetler, using the black Death Valley car as a guide.
  • Jon BJon B Posts: 7,346Administrator
    I watched the boatbuilder in Hammonton, N.J. as he restored the wood on that '37.  This was back in the mid-1970s when Fred Nielsen owned it.
  • 50C8DAN50C8DAN Posts: 2,412Senior Contributor
    Shame the Hostetler collection was sold off!  I got a chance to visit it and glad I did.  The largest collection of Hudson probably there will ever be.
  • BigSkyBigSky Posts: 976Senior Contributor
    I would love to some how make my 1937 Hudson 4dr sedan into a woody!
  • PaulButlerPaulButler Posts: 930Administrator
    And another

• GlowplugGlowplug Posts: 2,252Expert Adviser
    The same folks who do Ford and Mopar “Wood body” cars are prime candidates for rebuilding or “creating “ faux cars.  The car Eldon had built was done by Amish wood craftsmen using pictures and measurements provided by Eldon to successfully re-body a Hudson Sedan.  So, there is hope for anyone wanting one of these unique automobiles.  
  • cheyenne7271cheyenne7271 Posts: 370Member
    I knew a guy in Southern Colorado back in the 90s that had a Hudson Cross Country wagon, so it was Hash bodied car, like a Rambler wagon
    51 Hornet Club Coupe
    51 Hornet Sedan
    51 Commodore Six Club Coupe
    50 Pacemaker Deluxe R.I.P. (burned and destroyed in building fire)
    49 Super Six Sedan