Twin H fuel block?

BigSky
BigSky Senior Contributor
I have a bad fuel block that’s from the front carb on my twin H & it’s leaking bad.  The threads were previously cross threaded by former owner.  I have been every & can’t find it.  Anyone know where to look?

Half assed repair by previous owner, it’s not Teflon but like a shoe lace shoved in there!

Comments

• check with Lance Walker
  • NAPA or  a real auto parts store should carry that
  • BigSky
    This morning I tried Napa, O’Reillys, Car Quest, Hose & Rubber supply, General Distribution, Motion Industries, Ace Hardware, Tacoma Screw & Grainger all without success.  I have a call into one of the guys I know with Hudson parts.  Ideally I’d like to keep it looking stock with an original style fitting but if I have to I could go non-factory looking all together.

Anyone know of a way to fix the crossed threads &/or the internal flare so it might seat again?
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
  • BigSky
    Great news, a fellow Hudson club member had one & its on the way!!!
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    edited October 2021
    I already mentioned this option to Brian, but I have not used stock brass fuel line fittings or most brake fittings in many years.  I use Swagelok, or one of the copies (there are many since the Swagelok patents expired) that I used for years in my lab work. I only use their stainless versions, but they also make brass.  You can get them in virtually any tube size used for vehicles - 1/8, 3/16, 1/4, 5/16 and 3/8, 1/2, 3/4..... although they do come in metric also.  Many configurations are available on ebay at a significant discount to a local distributor.  They are a two piece furrel that lock the tube when you tighten per their instructions.  They are good for high pressure and high vacuum, never leak and can be taken on and off as many times as you like.

https://products.swagelok.com/en/fittings/tube-fittings-adapters/c/154?clp=true

• 7XPacemaker
    7XPacemaker Senior Contributor
    I’ve used swagelock fittings for years, just not on cars. Most swagelock fittings are severely reduced on the inside diameters. I have drilled them out with much success but would be apprehensive in using them in their original form due to the restriction.
    A little background- I worked in the semiconductor field for a number of years and have used hundreds, if not thousands of these. They are extremely high quality and definitely will not leak when tightened properly. There is an actual tool that is used to ensure that they are not over tightened. I have used them with well over 300 psi on them without leaking…
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    7X I did forget to mention that about the inside diameters.  I have drilled all of mine out significantly and so far great results.