1946 Hudson 2 door coupe worth?

hello everyone, I recently found this 46 Hudson 2 door coupe out at a old salvage yard and I am curious what it is worth. it seems to be all there, pretty solid car, there is some rot in the floor board on the driver side but still very fixable. 

Comments

• 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    the owner has this posted on various sites for over a year now. i do not remember the asking price but do know it was way to much   which is why he still has it.  maybe 2000.00 needs a lot of money spent on it to bring it back to glory.
  • Courtesy Man
    Courtesy Man Expert Adviser
    I wonder if the 6 cyl engine is there ? The front end seems high. Of course the engine, if there, is probably scrap. Look for a better Hudson in the WTN.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    If you're considering this for a fun project, and the car catches your fancy, and you intend to hold onto it and drive it for a long time, it would make sense to buy.  (If you can get it for a good price and it comes with all the parts.)

If on the other hand you're hoping to throw a coat of paint on it and flip it, I would suggest that you first look through auction results and ads in old-car publications, to see what restored versions are selling for.

We Hudson enthusiasts enjoy tinkering with our cars, driving them, and sharing our hobby with other enthusiasts.  So if your interest is in just having an old car to "play with" and have no expectations of making a profit on it, I heartily suggest you buy it, join the H-E-T Club, and prepare to have some fun!

• BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    It’s definitely not a high priced item.  So it depends on how bad you want that car.  Honestly I’d find a much better example which is pretty easy to do.  That one will need absolutely everything & having done too many old cars I wouldn’t give more than $750 for it.  Remember the less you spend now, the less you will be hurt when you sell it!
  • 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    this car i think was listed for 4500.00