308 with Cracked Block

Hudsy Wudsy
Hudsy Wudsy Senior Contributor
I've got a 308 with a badly cracked block that some of you guys may have seen on the AACA general forum. I'd like to find it a new home as I won't be doing anything with it. You guys have every right to wonder why I'm "James P." on this forum and "Hudsy Wudsy" on the AACA forum. For the life of me, I have no idea. Hudsy was my ebay name, but I somehow screwed up somewhere along the way. Anyway, let me know if you have any interest in the 308:
An Act of Desperation - General Discussion - Antique Automobile Club of America - Discussion Forums (aaca.org)

Comments

• Hudsy Wudsy
    I neglected to mention that this engine had been rebuilt at some time. It has a set of Hudson-style pinned ring pistons that are 0.020" oversize and practically no ridge at the top of the cylinder walls. You might study the one photo of the piston top to see the 0.020" and the pin. I suppose that's why some prior owner went to such great lengths to try and weld up the cracks.
  • You might consider donating it to a school auto shop.  If the school program is willing to use it as a learning display I believe the rotating assembly of a flat-head engine could make things *click* for new students.
  • Hudsy Wudsy
    cchancel said:
    You might consider donating it to a school auto shop.  If the school program is willing to use it as a learning display I believe the rotating assembly of a flat-head engine could make things *click* for new students.
    Interesting thought. I'll consider that. Thank you!
  • Where are you located?
  • Hudsy Wudsy
    That's the second time that someone has had to ask. I apologize. Minneapolis