Iron Resurrection 8/4/21 - 1936 T PU

50C8DAN
50C8DAN Senior Contributor
I watched Iron Resurrection last night on MT TV and it was a good one!  A 1936 T PU rebuilt from rust, restomoded but they did it right.  Two and a half year project originally for Gene Hoak.  I did not know Gene but it was said he was a Hudson collector, probably in TX.  He had some sort of muscular disease and did not live to see the final product.  I am sure it will be on again as they recycle these shows fairly regularly.  It would have been better had they gotten a '36 hood ornament though!  '36 is my favorite Hudson prewar year.

https://mytvtonight.com/iron-resurrection-resurrectin-a-rusty-unicorn-1936-hudson-terraplane-4-aug-2021-motortrend/

Comments

• Yeah  they did a fantastic job! I noticed that too when they showed the grill the hole and slot for the hood ornament was there but no ornament! I would have thought with the quality of the build they would have a least made a reproduction similar to the original. That orange carrot is the best part of the front end! LOL
  • 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    i watched the show also. to me they made a resto mod . not even close to being a hudson the way it was made by hudson. with all their skill they could have made panels and the fenders  just like the original. so to me please its not a hudson any more its a creation.
  • dantheman said:
    Yeah  they did a fantastic job! I noticed that too when they showed the grill the hole and slot for the hood ornament was there but no ornament! I would have thought with the quality of the build they would have a least made a reproduction similar to the original. That orange carrot is the best part of the front end! LOL
     The commercial series didn't use the zeppelin ornament.
  • I was not aware of any cars or trucks. Only thing I see is a  blonde on the show

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Older episode repeat...got to see the truck pre/repair and once near ready to deliver.  That truck was pretty crusty and a parts car donated pieces and parts as well as the metal fabrication that was done.  Great folks and down to earth car people.  Plan to see them at the September 2-3 Lone Star Roundup.  Amanda, Joe and Shagg are the best...
  • Old Fogey UK
    Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser
    Glowplug said:
    Older episode repeat...got to see the truck pre/repair and once near ready to deliver.  That truck was pretty crusty and a parts car donated pieces and parts as well as the metal fabrication that was done.  Great folks and down to earth car people.  Plan to see them at the September 2-3 Lone Star Roundup.  Amanda, Joe and Shagg are the best...
    What an unfortunate name the third of them has !

(joke for those of British heritage  ;))