42 Commodore - David & Normie Limbert Anybody know the car?

m_mman
m_mman Member
I am new to Hudsons. I just took delivery of a 42 Commodore 8 Sedan. 

I got it from a dealer in Maine, but in the paperwork and items that came with the car tell me that it belonged to David & Normie Limbert in Hiram ME.  It seems that they took the car to eastern HET meets beginning about 1999(?) 

As the new caretaker of this 42 I would like to learn all I can about it. Does anybody know "The rest of the story?" 

Thanks
Jim

Comments

• 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Looks like a nice car!  '42s are somewhat rare due to it being a short year.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    One way to find previous owners is to contact the keeper of the 1942 roster, and give him/her the car's serial number.  If any of the previous owners has bothered to send the car's information to the registry, it will be on file.  (Also, if previous owners were members of the H-E-T Club, and listed their car in the membership application, that would also be on file in the registry.  I'll PM you the name and e-mail address of the registry.  (Note to others: the registries are listed in the Club's website, which you can access if you're a Club member who has registered on the website.)
  • Val
    Val Member
    Good looking car, 42s are a little hard to come by.