Two Post lift for 35 T

35 Terraplane
35 Terraplane Senior Contributor
Can you lift a 35 Terraplane on a two post lift and not bend the frame?

Comments

• charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    All lifts have a weight  rating  you have to check the weight  limits on it and know your vehicle weight better safe then sorry 
  • 35 Terraplane
    Thanks Charles. I’m asking about the car frame being bent by lifting it on a two post. Just want to be sure. A friend has a 6 ton lift so no problem there. 
  • 35 Terraplane
    Just an update.  Two guys on the facebook Terraplane Seven group confirmed they have used a two post lift on 30's Terraplane without issue.
  • Hans
    Hans Senior Contributor
    Arr you are talking about a two post lift with two sissor arms on each post that has four contact points or are you refering to a hoist with only two contact points on the frame?
  • 35 Terraplane
    My friend has the type with two scissor arms with four contact points. I didn’t know there was a type with only two contacts.  Have you used the two scissor type on a 30’s Terraplane?
  • I have used that type on my 36 Hudson. It worked just fine. I like to have the arms as far apart as possible to maintain stability... I feel safer under a four post.
  • Old Fogey UK
    Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser
    One of my friends has just bought a portable 4 point scissor lift.
    I've wondered whether it would be suitable for my car.
    Thanks to everyone for the above advice - I'll now be the first person to borrow it !